Western Iowa Tech Community College is a publicly supported comprehensive community college serving the Iowa counties of Cherokee, Crawford, Ida, Monona, Plymouth, and Woodbury, which have a combined population of about 180,000. A nine-member Board of Directors provides governance for Western Iowa Tech Community College. The board members are elected from the nine districts in the six-county service area. The College is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and is regulated by the Iowa State Department of Education.
As a comprehensive community college, our mission is to provide quality education and to economically enhance the communities we serve.
Values & Guiding Principles
- Student Learning - We value the personal, intellectual and occupational growth of our students.
- Quality - We are committed to quality instruction and services to maximize student success and employer satisfaction.
- Access - We provide access to the College by addressing student needs related to time, location and cost.
- Diversity - We respect individual differences and strive to meet the needs of our diverse communities.
- Lifelong Learning - We promote lifelong learning for personal and professional development.
- Academic Freedom - We are dedicated to the free exchange of ideas and information which promotes our growth as an educational institution.
- Shared Governance - We believe in shared governance and encourage our employees and students to contribute to the development of the College.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness - We are committed to continuous improvement and fiscal responsibility within our educational programs and College services.
- Dedication - We value a workplace which promotes mutual respect and cooperation between the College and the employees.
- Professional Integrity - We are committed to the high standards of ethics and integrity in our relationships, our professional activities and the performance of our duties.
Doubling our student completers in three years
Strategic Initiatives with Strategies
The three primary strategic initiatives with associated strategies for Western Iowa Tech Community College during the period beginning July 1, 2015, to June 30, 2018, are:
- Creating a learning environment that promotes access, engagement, and success
- Building valued and sustainable community relationships to prepare a skilled workforce
- Committing to each other, so we can commit to our learners.
This school offers programs in:
View Associates of Applied Science - AcademicCourses » View Associates of Science » View Associates of Arts » View Associate Degrees » View courses » View Associates of Applied Science - HealthcareStudies »