Santiago Canyon College is a dynamic award-winning Southern California Community College within the Rancho Santiago Community College District.
SCC is located in the city of Orange, which has been named one of the 50 Safest College Towns in America by The SafeWise Report. From our founding, Santiago Canyon College’s inclusive community continues to redefine the truly student-focused experience.
Diverse programs and certification paths, proven transfer successes, and accessible state of the art facilities are just the beginning to us. Attending SCC empowers the individual student to seek the opportunities they deserve and desire, right here, right now.
We start each day by asking a simple question - what can today bring? Proven transfer paths, clear steps toward Associate of Science and Associate of Arts degrees as well as Associate Degrees for Transfer, a wide variety of career technical education certificate programs, engaging adult learning, rich community service opportunities, business skills to stand out – it all happens here every day.
It’s our belief that what you seek later in life is just as important as what you choose to do today.
That’s why SCC celebrates what happens here – every course, every lecture, every test, every conversation, every achievement - every day an opportunity we never pass up. So, what can today bring for you?
At A Glance
- Ranked #13 among the 50 Best Community Colleges in the U.S. by College Choice.
- Offers an excellent International Student Program to meet the needs of students on an F-1 visa.
- Recognized by The Chronicle of Higher Education as a Great College to Work For Honor Roll Institution for the fourth consecutive year.
- One of two colleges in the Rancho Santiago Community College District. The College Mascot is the Hawk.
- Identified as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) committed to serving a diverse student population.
- Sponsors a range of co-curricular student activities beyond the classroom including Associated Student Government, Model United Nations and Forensics (Speech and Debate).
- Engages students through a vibrant Honors Program across multiple disciplines, whose students transfer to top universities.
- Home to national, state and local award-winning sports teams that compete in the Orange Empire Conference. Home of the 2016 state champions in softball and the Orange Empire Conference Champions in women’s soccer.
- Offers a comprehensive STEM program with dedicated counselors and a series of supplemental instructional resources.
- Offers the most comprehensive water utility sciences program in Orange County. Graduates work at water districts and agencies throughout Southern California.
- Offers the only comprehensive survey/mapping sciences program among Orange County community colleges.
- Directs the state’s largest trade’s apprenticeship program, providing skilled workers in the fields of carpentry, cosmetology, electricity, maintenance mechanic, operating engineer, power lineman, and surveying.
- Offers one of the state’s largest continuing education programs, administered through the Orange Education Center, offered at 26 convenient locations throughout Anaheim Hills, Garden Grove, Orange, and Villa Park.
- Offers through the Community Services Program a year-round educational and recreational schedule of classes to suit all ages.