International Mid Pac College takes advantage of its strategic location in the Pacific where East meets West, and invites individuals with different cultural perspectives into the classroom for discussion. As such, IMPAC programs aim to improve not only the necessary communication skills, but also the confidence to use them appropriately in professional, academic and social settings. Moreover, IMPAC focuses on developing cross-cultural communication skills. To accomplish this, IMPAC offers small classes and a carefully coordinated curriculum that is communicative, realistic, interactive and practical. IMPAC is committed to excellence and sets high standards for its students.
IMPAC at a Glance
IMPAC, established in 1991, offers intensive English language training to a diverse group of language learners in the following areas:
- Intensive English Proficiency Program-IEPP (Student visa, 12 weeks~ )
- Intensive English Conversation Program-IECP (Tourists, Visa Waiver Program, residents, 1 week~)
- Private lessons (flexible schedule)
- Special English Program (Custom Designed English Program, flexible)
Top Reasons to Study at IMPAC
- Over 20 years in business
- Accredited by CEA, Commission on English Language Program Accreditation
- Superior quality English instruction with engaging, experienced instructors
- Excellent value/affordable tuition
- Convenient location near bus lines and Ala Moana Center (Shopping mall)
- English only policy
- Cheerful and helpful staff
- University Bridge Program *
*IMPAC offers a path/option for students who wish to enter college and/or universities in Hawaii. Currently, IMPAC has an agreement with Kapiolani Community College (KCC), a University of Hawaii system school, upon successful completion of the Advanced level. For details, please visit our website.
The mission for International Mid Pac College is to provide its students with a solid base of English communicative and academic skills as second language along with cross-cultural skills to meet the diverse needs of its students to be successful in today’s global market.
IMPAC is committed to:
- Provide sound instruction using varied methods to cater to the needs of its students.
- Provide a challenging educational experience that encourages further studies and integration into the global community.
- Maintain an enjoyable atmosphere in the classroom to promote student motivation.
- Promote multicultural understanding through cultural activities.
IMPAC arranges private lessons for those who wish to have one-on-one lessons on a flexible time schedule. Scheduling is flexible depending on the instructor’s availability. Private lessons are $40/hour. Semi-private lessons are also available upon request.
These programs are designed to accommodate groups of varying size and age, for a period of up to three months. These customized programs incorporate specialized curriculum focusing on the students’ needs and interests. For fees and schedule, please contact the Admissions Office at email@example.com.
This school offers programs in:
Admissions & Requirements
General Admission Procedures
For IEPP* (Full-time general intensive English training program requires a Student Visa. Min. 12 weeks)
In general, the admission procedure will be as follows:
- Applicant fills out the application form and prepare necessary documents for admission into IEPP
- Submit documents to IMPAC Admissions Office for processing
- IMPAC will send I-20 Form and the acceptance letter by air mail (or by express mail with an additional postage fee)
- Applicant receives the I-20 Form, pays SEVIS fee at www.fmjfee.com, print out the receipt
- Applicant applies for a F1 Student Visa at the American Embassy/Consulate General in their home country.
- Applicant enters the U.S. up to 30 days before the Program Start Day. Attends orientation and takes placement test on scheduled date. Orientation & Placement Test day is mandatory and is scheduled before the Program Start Day or otherwise notified.
For IECP (Part/Full-time general intensive English training program for Tourist, Visitors, and other non-immigrant visa holder. Min. 1 week)
IECP Program follows the IEPP term schedule. IECP applicants registering for less than four weeks may start the class at anytime except during the exam week, administrative week, and during term break. There are no regular classes offered during those times. IECP applicants registering for more than four weeks may start on Mondays, excluding blocked dates. IECP applicants may choose from four options of set class schedules.
- Call or e-mail to schedule the placement test/interview, and the program start date.
- Applicant takes the placement test and completes the application & payment.
- Start classes.
IMPORTANT FEE INFORMATION for IECP
- IECP fees are non-refundable. There are no make-up classes.
- We accept local checks, money orders, cash, Traveler’s Checks, and credit cards (Visa, Master, JCB and Discover Card). Please make check payable to International Mid Pac College.
- Course fees are subject to change without notice and does not include textbook/material fee. Please contact the Admissions Office regarding the course fees and materials.
ALL IEPP/IECP applicants must take the Michigan English Placement Test (which includes Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing and the Placement Essay). The test will take about 60 to 90 minutes.
There is no deadline, however, we recommend for IEPP students to apply at least one to two months before the program start date (Jan. Apr. Jul. and Oct.) to obtain the student visa and start the program in time. For IECP students, we ask you to contact us as soon as you know when you’d like to start classes, so that we can arrange the placement test day and/or inform you if we offer classes at that time.