About Golf Academy of America
Preparing you for a future in golf is what the Golf Academy of America (GAA) is all about. Founded as San Diego Golf Academy in 1974, GAA is the oldest and largest two-year golf management and instructional college in the United States. Today, there are campuses in five of the country's top golf capitals:
- Golf Academy of America in Dallas, Texas
- Golf Academy of America in Myrtle Beach, S.C.
- Golf Academy of America in Orlando, Fla.
- Golf Academy of America in Phoenix, Ariz.
- Golf Academy of America in San Diego, Calif.
Who We Are:
- We are 40 years of industry expertise and experience in preparing our graduates for careers in the $76 billion golf industry.
- We are an educational institution with a combined curriculum of golf instruction and business management.
- We are an outstanding group of faculty and staff of PGA Professionals, business professionals and educators
- We were founded on a unique concept that focuses on a combination of rigorous academic standards and enhancement of golf proficiency.
- We are the first step on your journey toward a rewarding golf career.
- We are our more than 10,000 alumni, including these golf student success stories.
- We are Golf Academy of America, and we want YOU!
Why Golf Academy of America?
There are many reasons to choose Golf Academy of America. Here are a few:
- Small Classes – Our average class size is 20-25 students.
- Easy to Start – We offer an efficient, sensible application process—no detailed essays required for admission.
- Fun – A typical day is filled with classes, one-on-one lessons, open play and campus events.
- Great Locations – Our five campuses are in large and significant golf markets, each with access to great area golf courses. We put you within reach of your dream golf career.
- Community – Our students begin as acquaintances and part as lifelong friends and connections in the golf industry. Alumni understand the value of a Golf Academy of America degree and will hire our graduates and help them network.
- Recognition – You will earn an associate's degree education that is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools.
- Assistance – Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
- Great Advice – A Career Services department dedicated to helping you find the golf job of your dreams.
- Lifelong Mentorship – Access to experienced PGA staff/teachers.
- Technology – Modern, industry-leading teaching equipment and facilities.
- Immersion – Opportunities to volunteer at PGA and LPGA Tour and other events.
This school offers programs in: