Ancilla College is a liberal arts institution of higher learning sponsored by the Poor Handmaids of Jesus Christ. The College’s religious tradition is Roman Catholic but its climate is ecumenical- open to any person seeking an education and opportunity. Ancilla serves a diverse population with small classes, comprehensive tutoring and personal learning support, and personal interaction. Ancilla College offers over two dozen different degree programs that transform and empower students to achieve high academic goals, build lifelong learning skills, launch successful careers and pursue values-centered lives.
- History: Founded in 1937 by a group of Catholic sisters, the Poor Handmaids of Jesus Christ.
- Ancilla offers Associate Degrees that will launch a career or transfer to colleges and universities everywhere.
- Ancilla offers over two dozen different pathways to success: real world degree programs.
- You will not get lost in the crowd: Ancilla has some 500 students.
- Small, interactive classroom learning: The student-to-faculty ratio is just 11:1.
- Graduates: 78% of our students successfully graduate or transfer to continue their education within 5 years.
- Financial Aid: 85% of our students receive some form of aid; $3.8 million in grants and scholarships awarded to Ancilla students last year.
- Athletics: 18 NCJAA teams, including men’s baseball, men’s & women’s basketball, men’s & women’s golf, men’s & women’s soccer, men’s lacrosse, women’s softball, women’s volleyball, co-ed cheerleading, and co-ed competitive dance.
- Dozens of activities and groups on campus: Student Ambassadors, FFA, Student Government, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Dance Club, bowling and more.
- Location: quiet, rural, wooded campus near Plymouth, in northern Indiana (just an hour and a half drive from Chicago).
Ancilla College offers high quality Associate Degree programs in small, personal classes led by encouraging faculty. Start your journey with us and you can go anywhere. We will help you every step of the way.
- Animal Science
- Behavioral Science
- Business Administration
- Communication: Mass Media
- Communication Studies
- Computer Information Systems
- Criminal Justice
- Culinary Arts
- Early Childhood Education
- Elementary Education
- Environmental Technology
- Exercise Science
- General Studies
- Health Science
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Logistics & Inventory Systems
- Licensed Practical Nurse to Registered Nurse (LPN to RN)
- Nursing (RN)
- Professional Health Studies
- Religious Studies
- Secondary Education
- Sports Management
Amazing new on-campus housing:
Our brand new residence halls have spacious double rooms, each with a private bath. Wireless networking, laundry facilities and full meal plans are included.
Attention to individual students
With a student-to-faculty ratio of 12-to-1 you will get personal attention at Ancilla. We don’t have giant lecture halls—just faculty and staff members who get to know you and support your goals.
Accessible and effective
Students at Ancilla are more likely to graduate on time, getting a head start on a career or four-year degree. Over 97 percent of our graduates rate their educational experience here as “very satisfied” or higher.
Affordable, high value education
We are the lowest cost private college in Indiana with tuition locked in at the same low rate as long as you are a full-time student. No surprises, no tuition increases!
We believe in you.
Ancilla College, founded in 1937, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, Indiana’s State Board of Nursing and is a member of the Independent Colleges of Indiana.
This school offers programs in: