Barcelona Graduate School of Economics
Why study at the Barcelona GSE?
The Barcelona GSE is a leading institution for graduate education and research in Economics, Finance, and Data Science.
We bring talented, motivated students from more than 90 countries to Barcelona and connect them with top-ranking researchers, experienced teaching faculty, international alumni and a strong recruiter network.
The objective of our rigorous nine-month Master’s programs is to prepare graduates for professional and academic careers that require intense analytical thinking and a flexible mindset.
About the Barcelona GSE
- Scientific Council of more than 30 leading academics including 12 Nobel Laureates in Economics provides strategic guidance for program development
- “Approved with Excellence” (highest rating) by the Spanish Ministry of Education for “high research quality, international focus, and emphasis on placement”
International research reputation
- Ranked in the Top 10 institutions in Europe for Economics research and the Top 20 Economics departments worldwide by RePEc
- 20 European Research Council (ERC) Grants awarded to current faculty members
- Published regularly in top journals
Career preparation and placement
- 91% of the Class of 2016 placed within 6 months
- 74% enter professional careers, 26% enter PhD programs
- Dedicated Barcelona GSE Career Services team brings recruiters to campus and provides job search support
Life in Barcelona
The Barcelona GSE offers a unique opportunity to study at an institution with a world-class faculty and colleagues while enjoying the cultural, social and recreational amenities of one of the world's most exciting cities.
With seven universities and numerous research institutions, Barcelona offers one of Europe's most inspiring environments for students and academics to live and study. This intellectually appealing atmosphere coupled with the Barcelona GSE’s location on the campuses of two internationally ranked universities puts our students in the heart of a dynamic academic environment.
This school offers programs in: