Welcome to QRC
QRC is New Zealand’s premier Tourism & Hospitality Management College. Whether you aspire to a career in adventure tourism or wish to enter the world of hospitality, QRC will prepare you with the skills, knowledge and confidence to successfully pursue your management career. Through a blended delivery of theory, practical & professional learning, QRC encourages you to:
- Think it. Current and specialist theory delivered by industry and academic experts.
- Do it. Practical learning and structured internships built around individual goals and aspirations.
- Be it. Professional application preparing for a career in Hospitality or Adventure Tourism Management.
A focus on professionalism, continuous improvement and positive outcomes underpins the culture. QRC has a reputation for producing industry-specific management graduates who are the employees of first choice. Additionally, QRC has been classified as a Category 1 Provider by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) and was recognised as the Private Tertiary Provider of the Year in 2014 (ITENZ).
Industry Advisory Board
QRC regularly consults with high level industry representatives from around the Queenstown region. Our Industry Advisory Groups critique the relevancy and delivery of our courses and programmes.
QRC pursues ‘Excellence’ through high quality facilities and unique learning environments. QRC House is a fivestorey, boutique building, which opens onto the Queenstown Gardens. Opened in 2005, QRC House is well resourced, comfortable and stylish.
"This is the top-end of tourism education. It would be very difficult to replicate this elsewhere in the country," said Hon. Damien O'Connor, Minister of Tourism at the official opening of Queenstown Resort College (Otago Daily Times, 10 March 2006).
- Conveniently located in downtown Queenstown
- Modern & purpose built classrooms
- Computer Suite
- Resource & Research Library
- Student Café
- Kitchen Demonstration Suite
- Executive Facilities
- Wisenet Student Management System
- Wireless Internet
- Moodle Learning Management System
The QRC Library is an inviting place to study. The Library is available to students, staff and alumni. It is located on level 2 of QRC House and is open 8:00 am - 5:30 pm, Monday - Friday.
- Books and journals relating to QRC courses and programmes.
- General information on New Zealand.
- A collection of local material to showcase the Central Otago and Queenstown Lakes region's culture, food and history.
- Computers are available for research and self-study, and to access catalogues and online databases. The QRC Librarian can help you access relevant information and resources not available in the library.
The support network and service systems at QRC are in existence to provide every opportunity for positive student outcomes. This successful blend of academic and operational cooperation delivers not only academic success but ongoing support for the individual from admissions and student support through to their accommodation and pastoral care.
The Our Programme Leaders provide leadership, advice and expertise on the Diploma programmes. They are responsible for planning, delivering and monitoring the effectiveness and efficiency of the curriculum in their designated specialty area. The Diploma Programme Leader supports students with pastoral and professional care to ensure academic success.
Rachel Senior is responsible for the Operations of QRC. Her key role is Pastoral Care of all students. Rachel is the epitome of discretion and has the appropriate training and support networks to manage any situation with regards to a studentís welfare. Rachel has been involved in Education for 24 years in both New Zealand and Europe. This depth of experience gives her a maturity and wisdom that adds immense value to the support network of QRC.
This school offers programs in: