Why choose Intercultura?
INTERCULTURA COSTA RICA Spanish Schools with two beautiful custom-designed campuses – city and beachfront - were founded in 1993 with the aim to provide high-quality and a variety of Spanish immersion programs for all ages, nationalities and Spanish levels. Our programs go above all standards. With our two high-contrast locations we offer students the opportunity to learn AND live the Spanish language and Costa Rican culture through our:
- Conversation-focused Spanish classes are dynamic and interactive
- Free daily activities: Latin dance, yoga, cooking, films, Zumba, arts.
- Homestay families are within walking distance of the school.
- Outstanding quality of our academics (we are the only language school in Costa Rica recognized by the United Nations’ Global Compact) and have been chosen by Duke, UNC, University of Connecticut and others for study abroad programmes.
- Friendly atmosphere, personalized approach and attention to detail
- Commitment to sustainable community development (we co-run a non-profit program for local children, among other projects).
Take a look at our Heredia City Campus - from a student’s perspective:
SMALL CLASSES & COMMUNICATIVE APPROACH:
Our dynamic and intensive group classes contain a maximum of 6 students. By using the communicative approach of teaching we completely engage our students and put them on the road to language success.
GIVING BACK TO THE COMMUNITY & VOLUNTEERING
In addition to helping students learn Spanish, Intercultura is also committed to contributing to responsible and sustainable development in the communities that host us. Approximately 3% of students' tuition fees is used to fund community development initiatives, environmental projects, cultural outreach events and to provide supplemental educational opportunities to local communities and staff members.
With our well established volunteer projects throughout the country and experienced volunteer coordinators on-site, Intercultura offers great and unique volunteer opportunities for all students who have completed a Spanish course with us. You can volunteer your time in the areas of education, social work, animal protection and environmental conservation.
UNITED NATIONS RECOGNITION:
Intercultura is also the first academic institution in Costa Rica to gain official recognition as a partner in the UN Global Compact, upholding the principles of sustainable development and corporate responsibility in human rights, labor laws and environmental practices.
Programs taught in: