Welcome to Saskatchewan Polytechnic
What is the Polytechnic Advantage?
Saskatchewan Polytechnic is a member of Polytechnics Canada, an alliance of 11 research-intensive, industry-responsive post-secondary institutions. We offer students a high-quality, job-focused education with the following strengths:
- Strength in academic offerings
- Strength in industry connections
- Strength in applied research
As a Student
- You get personalized attention and hands-on learning opportunities.
- You focus on applied learning and applied research skills.
- You will be prepared to contribute on the job with marketable skills.
As an Employer
- Programs are based on labour market needs.
- Curriculum is developed through consultation with industry.
- Applied research partnerships help employers access funding and find solutions to real-world problems.
As an Employee
- You are part of a diverse and talented group of professionals at a nationally recognized polytechnic.
- You benefit from and contribute to our strength in academic offerings, industry connections and applied research.
As a Taxpayer
Saskatchewan Polytechnic provides technical training and applied problem solving that drives economic growth in the province.
Quick Facts about Saskatchewan Polytechnic
- 93% of Saskatchewan Polytechnic grads surveyed were employed.
- Employers love Saskatchewan Polytechnic grads - almost 96% said they'd hire a Saskatchewan Polytechnic grad again.
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic gives away more than $2 million in student awards annually.
- 96% of Saskatchewan Polytechnic grads rate program quality as satisfied to very satisfied.
- More than 3,000 Saskatchewan Polytechnic students declare themselves as having Aboriginal ancestry - that's more than any other post-secondary institution in the province.
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic offers three ways to apply and you can start the application process right now!
- 13,502 student enrolment (full load equivalent1)
- 5,561 Saskatoon
- 2,868 Moose Jaw
- 2,969 Regina
- 2,104 Prince Albert
- 41% certificate/diploma/degree base
- 16% apprenticeship
- 17% basic education
- 11% credit course registrations
- 12% continuing education
- 2% non-credit course registrations
- Credit programs - 177
- Certificate2 - 99
- Diploma - 50
- Degree (joint & standalone) - 3
- Post graduate certificate - 1
- Apprenticeship programs - 24
Saskatchewan Polytechnic serves 27,000 distinct students through applied learning opportunities at campuses in Moose Jaw, Prince Albert, Regina and Saskatoon, and through extensive distance education opportunities. Programs serve every economic and public service sector. As a polytechnic, the organization provides the depth of learning appropriate to employer and student need, including certificate, diploma and degree programs, and apprenticeship training. Saskatchewan Polytechnic engages in applied research, drawing on faculty expertise to support innovation by employers, and providing students the opportunity to develop critical thinking skills.
By 2020, our expertise in responsive applied education and research that meet student and market needs will make us globally recognized as the first-choice polytechnic in Canada.
We have four strategic themes that build on our strategic differentiators, respond to our clients’ needs and help us achieve our vision.
#1 Making successful careers possible
We are in the business of helping our clients—students and employers—be successful. Our flexible, lifelong learning opportunities allow students and graduates to take charge of their careers and support continuing skills development.
#2 Advancing economic and social prosperity
As Saskatchewan’s only polytechnic school, we are uniquely positioned to make significant contributions to the province’s economic and social prosperity. We advance strategic partnerships and alliances with industry, other educational institutions and government to benefit our clients.
#3 Pursuing excellence in program quality and innovation
We work with employers to solve problems, to stay current with industry needs and to enhance student learning opportunities.
#4 Leading organizational effectiveness
We deliver programs and services effectively and sustainably. We attract and retain the best employees and communicates effectively throughout our organization.
To educate students and provide skilled and successful graduates.
We care about one another and about our workplace. We foster an open and inclusive environment that embraces diverse cultures, heritages and opinions; we learn, work and support each other as one team.
We are committed to being accountable and transparent. We are honest with one another. We hold ourselves to high standards of ethical behaviour and take responsibility for our actions.
We go above and beyond what is normally expected to achieve excellence in our teaching, in our programming, in our learning and in our services. We accomplish this by maintaining high standards, strong competencies, committed partnerships and by being responsive and accessible. Sustainability
We work, live and learn in a socially and environmentally responsible manner. We support the health, safety and overall wellbeing of our students, employees and partners. We are conscientious stewards of our resources and continuously look for entrepreneurial and creative ways to strengthen and improve our organization. These considerations underlie all our actions, behaviours and decisions.
This school offers programs in: