Medicine Hat College (MHC) is a public, board governed, comprehensive community college serving a large region of southeastern Alberta and beyond. Open since 1965, MHC is a modern, progressive institution of learning. MHC offers programs in business, education, visual & performing arts, science, health studies and technology. Medicine Hat College has two campuses, one in the city of Medicine Hat and one in the town of Brooks, 100 km from Medicine Hat.
- 2,173 full-time students
- 1,449 part-time students
- 52% female
- 48% male
- International students make up 9% of our student body.
Welcome to Medicine Hat College!
Known for our focus on students -- and our innovative and collaborative nature -- Medicine Hat College proudly serves over 8,000 learners each year. We are committed to the communities of southeast Alberta, yet mindful of global opportunities, whether looking to study with us, partner on a new venture or idea or use our facilities to help make the most of your meeting or celebrations- we're here for you.
MHC is a proud member of Campus Alberta and welcomes partnerships to benefit our students and communities. Share your ideas, share your stories and share in a successful future with us.
What we promise
Medicine Hat College provides education that prepares students for further studies, careers and life. Our people are passionate about unleashing the potential of every student- intellectually, emotionally, and socially. Through every encounter we have with students- and all that we do- we will seek to recognize and encourage their potential as learners, workers and global citizens.
Opportunities to learn
- Degrees in partnership with Alberta universities
- University transfer allowing students to start degrees here
- Certificate, diploma, and applied degree programs for careers and employment
- College preparation
- Apprenticeship trades
- Continuing studies for career enhancement and recruitment
- Conservatory of Music and Dance
- English as a Second Language
- Campuses in Medicine Hat and Brooks
Innovate and create
Our Office of Innovation and Scholarship (OIS) supports applied research done to benefit students, industry, the community, and beyond. This is done by offering facilities, training, and expertise to organizations in researching and developing their products and services. In addition, we actively collaborate with businesses, other post-secondary institutions, government, and non-government agencies on a wide range of innovative projects.
Contact our office if you're interested in finding out where research and innovation can take you.
The MHC Advantage
There are many reasons why MHC is a great choice for international students.
MHC is a Designated Learning Institution(DLI# O18795445892), and all academic credit programs including English for Academic Purposes are designated programs.
- Safe, intimate community environment that allows students to transition to Canadian culture and North American teaching styles
- Competitive international tuition fees compared to other institutions in Alberta
- Numerous diploma options and diploma exit points
- Availability of university transfer options to continue on to degree completion
- Several degree programs offered on campus in partnership with other Alberta universities
- High student satisfaction compared to the rest of Alberta
- Wide range of student support services that contribute to academic, social and personal development
MHC Support Services
- Academic Advising
- Academic Resource Centre
- Open Learning Centre
- Students’ Association & Peer Support Centre
- Student Employment & Career Centre
- Student Financial Aid
- Personal Counselling
- Disability Services
- Library Services and Writing Specialist
- Be Fit for Life Centre
- College Daycare
- Entrepreneur Development Centre
International Student Services
- Pre-arrival Support and Advising
- Pick-up at Medicine Hat Airport or Greyhound Bus Station
- Health Insurance
- 24 hour Emergency Assistance
- Homestay Placement
- Travel Information
- Opening a Bank Account
- New Student Orientation
This school offers programs in: