An Orientation Program for International StudentsCampusCanada provides incoming international students with an introduction to Canada and the foundation for academic success at a Canadian university or college. This integrated online and on-campus course program provides an interdisciplinary curriculum focused on understanding Canadian culture and society, adapting to a new environment, and developing skills that lead to academic success;
- Access to customized tools designed to support international students (e.g. academic support, library resources, language training, career guidance);
- Practical “how to” advice on daily living in Canada (safety, banking, transportation, etc.)
- Fast friendships built on the program’s extensive networking and social activities.
- Most importantly, CampusCanada provides international students with a competitive edge in achieving success in their academic endeavours in Canada by ensuring they are prepared to realize the fullest potential of their university or college experience.
The Capital Advantage
Ottawa is Canada’s fourth largest city and the country’s political and technological centre. The city is beautiful and clean, has a high standard of living, and is recognized for its many national museums, galleries, parks and performing arts centres. Ottawa is among the safest cities in Canada. The people of Ottawa are highly educated, with more than half the population having a university or college degrees and the highest per capita concentration of engineers, scientists, and PhDs in Canada. Carleton University, the host of CampusCanada, is a highly ranked comprehensive university located in Ottawa. From August 1 – 13, 2016, you’ll get the chance to experience Canada’s capital city during the most beautiful time of year. Summers in Ottawa have a generous number of hot and sunny days with average temperatures of 26°C (80 °F). During this period, you’ll find many activities for music, outdoor, museum, art, and culture enthusiasts. The city is vibrant and a great destination for your introduction to Canada. Ottawa is located in the south-east of the country next to Gatineau, Quebec which forms the country’s National Capital Region. Served by major airlines, VIA rail, and Greyhound buses, you’ll be able to visit other major cities such as Montreal, Toronto and Quebec quite easily.
Why join CampusCanada
Adjusting to university or college life in an unfamiliar country can be an overwhelming challenge. CampusCanada provides a “soft-landing” for international students for offering a fun, collaborative and interactive opportunity to experience campus life and discover Canada in the very heart of the nation’s capital. Reasons to join CampusCanada:
- Feel confident on your first day of classes. We’ll teach you what resources you’ll need to navigate through any Canadian university or college.
- Explore the capital of Canada. Ottawa is known for its many national museums, galleries, parks and performing arts centres.
- Get comfortable in a Canadian classroom. Learn about the Canadian teaching style and academic structure.
- Live on campus. In two weeks, you’ll master student life and living arrangements in an on-campus residence.
- Understand Canadian cultural quirks. Learn about Canada’s unique customs and habits.
- Make new friends. You’ll be meeting other international students who are new to Canada. Imagine, you can have a friend in every province by the end of the program!
The program fee of CAD $4,500 (+HST) includes:
- Canada 101: an online course introducing international students to Canada;
- Campus 101: ten days of interactive programming on campus and throughout Ottawa and the national capital region;
- Instruction by qualified Carleton University faculty with expertise in Canadian Studies;
- Housing on campus at Carleton University from August 1 – 13;
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner provided by Fresh Food Company
- Access to a wide range of academic and recreational facilities;
- Off-campus excursions to national institutions as well as sporting, cultural and outdoor recreational sites
How to Register
You can register for CampusCanada by completing the Registration form found at https://forms.carleton.ca/globalacademy/CampusCanada/ We will require your contact details, information about the university or college you have been accepted to, and English language test scores. We do not require you to submit any documents at this point. Once you have completed the registration form, you will be directed to a secured third-party site, where you complete your payment. Once your payment has been processed, you are registered for CampusCanada.
This school offers programs in: