Dream of studying towards your career with a trusted organisation in a relaxed, beach-side Australian city, only one hour south of Sydney Airport?
TAFE Illawarra is an ideal choice
The Illawarra region is one of the fastest growing regional areas in Australia – and its main city, Wollongong, has been voted as Australia’s Top Small City for Students (by the website ‘Student Cities Australia’).
Wollongong is Australia’s 9th largest city and is an increasingly popular location due to its close proximity to Sydney. The region is home to over 60,000 students including 12,000 international students. This means you will be part of a vibrant multicultural community and based in an educational precinct consisting of TAFE Illawarra, the University of Wollongong and the Innovation Campus.
When you choose to study with TAFE Illawarra, you will also enjoy a unique beach-side lifestyle with an affordable cost of living, and get to make the most of a wide range of outdoor activities.
To the south of Wollongong you will find coastal and mountain towns of unbelievable beauty. Up in the Highlands, the winter snowfields are perfect for a winter term break.
Quality education for a better future
TAFE Illawarra is the largest Vocational Education and Training (VET) provider on the South Coast of New South Wales. We are government owned and have been operating for over 100 years as part of TAFE NSW.
Our qualifications are recognised throughout Australia and internationally. You can also gain credit points for entry into the best universities with our university partnerships.
When you study with TAFE Illawarra, your training will prepare you with the academic and practical skills you need to be ‘work-ready’ upon graduation.
All TAFE NSW teachers, trainers and courses are ASQA (Australian Skills Quality Authority) compliant, guaranteeing you the stamp of a quality education.
Some fast facts about Wollongong and the Illawarra
- NSW’s 3rd largest city
- One of Australia’s most multicultural cities with over 80 nationalities calling Wollongong home
- Free shuttle bus across the city
- Hourly connections to Sydney by direct train link
- Situated only one hour from Sydney Airport with direct freeway link and public transport services
- A temperate climate, 22 degrees average
- 17 easily accessible patrolled beaches
- Affordable living costs for food, transport and accommodation compared to that of Sydney: Wollongong is rated as the second most affordable city in Australia by the website Student Cities Australia
- Vibrant café culture with over 240 restaurants
- Approximately 180km of formal bike tracks
- Wollongong has a growing central business district that offers students work opportunities to complement their studies
- Award-winning University of Wollongong, situated adjacent to TAFE Illawarra and has credit transfer agreements for TAFE Illawarra graduates
This school offers programs in: