Undergraduate Pathway in
WKU International Pathway to Academic Success (IPAS)
Western Kentucky University
Bowling Green, USA
Distance Learning, On-Campus
1 - 2 semester
USD 27,696 / per semester **
Request info *
Earliest start date
* rolling admission
** Tuition - $27,696; Living Expenses - $11,000 Estimated; Health Insurance - $2,200; Total: $40,896
Along with our traditional programs of study, WKU also offers an International Pathway to Academic Success (IPAS). The International Pathway to Academic Success program is designed to facilitate international student success in several ways: exclusive courses designed for first-year international students, dedicated faculty with a commitment to international student learning, co-curricular support such as tutoring and academic workshops, and enrichment experiences to introduce students to life and study in the United States. International Pathway to Academic Success participation is offered at no additional cost, and all courses will count toward a WKU degree for full academic credit. Enrollment in International Pathway to Academic Success will last for one or two semesters depending on the academic needs of each student.
As an International Pathway to Academic Success student, you will benefit from:
- No delay in graduation - students enrolled in the IPAS are full-time students who earn a full year’s worth of academic credit towards their desired undergraduate degree;
- Smaller classes – the low student-to-faculty ratio facilitates substantial interaction;
- Exclusive courses – the unique International Pathway to Academic Success course programming provides both English language and academic skills support while fulfilling general education requirements;
- Dedicated faculty – International Pathway to Academic Success courses are taught by WKU faculty with expertise in their content area, commitment to student learning, and interest in working with international students;
- Extensive academic advising and student support – in addition to the academic and student support (e.g., academic advising, free tutoring, and career coaching) provided to all WKU students, International Pathway to Academic Success students receive personalized support from a dedicated International Pathway to Academic Success advisor;
- Enrichment experiences – academic, linguistic, and cultural events and activities are provided to enrich and complement learning and student life at WKU.
International Pathway to Academic Success faculty and staff are here to provide you with academic, linguistic, and cultural support to help you thrive. Join the WKU Hilltopper family and climb with fellow international students in the WKU International Pathway to Academic Success Program!
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.