Early Childhood Education (ACS)
Vanier Cegep College
Earliest start date
This Early Childhood Education Attestation is a two-year Continuing Education certification program designed for people interested in a career working with young children in a variety of childcare settings (daycares, pre-schools, extended day programs, and home daycares).
With the International Early Childhood Education Attestation at Vanier College, you will:
- Be introduced to best practices to support children and families in various childcare settings
- Discover early learning principles and child development
- Have opportunities for planning, designing, and implementing activities
- Learn to create meaningful relationships with children and coworkers
- Understand the importance of guidance strategies and emotional support in the classroom
- Practice hands-on techniques led by highly qualified, experienced teachers in small groups
- Have access to:
- peer mentoring, tutoring and student support
- excellent job opportunities in an expanding field
- Meeting Early Childhood Needs Quebec’s universal childcare program
- Bonus: Learn French as you take the program!
Students will have a background check performed by local law enforcement within the first few months of the program. This background check is mandatory to be eligible to work with young children and vulnerable populations during fieldwork.