Summer Course in
Research Supervision Enrichment
University of Johannesburg
Johannesburg, South Africa
Earliest start date
This course is aimed at academic staff currently employed in higher education institutions in Africa and Internationally – Novice and experienced supervisors; Post-Doctoral Research Fellows.
Programme Content Overview
- Supervision practices, institutional supervision role players and processes
- Global changes and trends in postgraduate research and supervision
- Diversity: new models for an African perspective
- Masterclasses in research methods
- Research competencies; ethics; creativity
- Stages of supervision; Mentoring
- Assessment in PG supervision
- Academic literacy and research writing
The Summer School programme includes plenary keynote speakers and interactive Masterclasses on key aspects of postgraduate research supervision.
There will be opportunities for networking, discussion, and sharing of resources.
To provide supervisors with a structured introduction to supervision issues, processes and practices, and to offer exposure to research-informed best practice and emerging trends, in order to facilitate reflection on their own supervision practices and professional growth.