Course - Brazilian Architecture
USD 2,000 / per course
Earliest start date
Explore scholarship opportunities to help fund your studies
Brazilian Architecture - Structural Analysis of Distinguished Buildings
- To show the most important buildings of brazilian architecture
- To show Brazilian Culture in the most diverse forms, stimulating the student to search for more knowledge about our culture
- To make a structural Analysis of the buildings that will be studied, understanding how the buildings were constructed.
- To provide a extra-class experience with the students, through a visit to the city of Brasilia.
- To demonstrate the beauty and the power of Brazilian architecture showing the richness of this part of Brazilian culture in the Region.
- Brazilian History. History of Brazilian Architecture. The most important cities, great Brazilian Architects. The most important buildings in the Brazilian Architecture.
- Structural elements: columns, beams and slabs. Concrete. Pre-Stressed concrete. Special concretes.
- Brasília – Cathedral, National Congress Building “Palácio do Planalto” (Oscar Niemayer).
- Buildings Of Paulo Mendes da Rocha
- Oriented visit to Brasilia – the most important buildings.
- Visits to National Cathedral, National Congress Building and the Presidental House (Palácio do Planalto).
- Visits to historical sites.
- Learning about the unban structural lay out of Brasília.