Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management Co-op (Daytime and Evening Options)
Toronto School of Management
Earliest start date
08 Jan 2024
This one-year Co-op diploma will provide a springboard for a career in the dynamic world of hospitality and tourism. Cultivate professional hotel competencies such as effective communication skills and exceptional customer service, leadership, and teamwork skills to deliver first-class service.
Learning without borders means you’ll put principles and procedures into practice for a range of hospitality functions, including front desk operations, and food and beverage production. Stay on top of the most up-to-date developments in the hospitality industry while learning industry-recognized tools such as the Oracle Property Management system.
We offer co-op placement in a field related to your program. Start online, and finish on campus.
* Students will be offered paid or unpaid entry-level positions related to their field of study. The Career Services Department will provide full support to students in booking and preparing for interviews. It is the student’s responsibility to perform well during all interviews as well as during the full length of the co-op term. Placements are subject to availability and will vary based on the program, season, and job market changes as well as the student’s English level and previous professional and academic experience. Should the co-op placement not be available the student will be required to complete a Capstone Project as an alternative to graduate from the program.
This program focuses on the most up-to-date developments in the hospitality industry, helping you to:
- Develop professional hotel competencies such as effective communication skills, good customer service skills, leadership, and teamwork, ensuring that you are providing a high-quality product or service to your customers.
- Gain supervised practical work experience directly related to your academic and career goals.
- Become immediately effective within the hospitality and tourism industry by understanding the principles and procedures of a range of hospitality functions, including front desk operations, housekeeping, and food and beverage production.
Program Tuition Fee
You can expect to work in a range of industry roles, including:
- Desk Clerk
- Guest Service Agent
- Restaurant Assistant Manager
- Food Service Officer
- Visitor Information Counsellor
- Conference Planner Assistant
- Booking and Reservations Officer
- Sales Assistant
- Travel Guide
- Resort Worker
- Room Service Clerk