Advanced Diploma in
Advanced Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management Co-op (Daytime and Evening Options) Toronto School of Management
This two-year advanced Co-op diploma focuses on the latest developments in the hospitality and tourism sector. Acquire recognized leadership skills and competencies to effectively manage a team and operations while understanding organizational behavior in the tourism and hospitality industry.
From operational strategies and marketing prowess to how to navigate performance and control systems, learn to lead with service excellence in Canada and beyond. Stay on top of the most up-to-date developments in the hospitality industry while learning industry-recognized tools such as the Oracle Property Management system, Knowledge Matters' Case Simulations Hospitality Collection, and Perlego. Start online, and finish on campus.
* Students will be offered paid or unpaid entry-level positions related to their field of study. The Career Services Department will provide full support to students in booking and preparing for interviews. It is the student’s responsibility to perform well during all interviews as well as during the full length of the co-op term. Placements are subject to availability and will vary based on the program, season, and job market changes as well as the student’s English level and previous professional and academic experience. Should the co-op placement not be available the student will be required to complete a Capstone Project as an alternative to graduate from the program.
The program focuses on the latest developments in the field, helping you to:
- Develop professional hospitality management competencies and learn the principles behind important management concepts, such as operational strategies, performance and control systems, and effective marketing approaches.
- Achieve good customer service through successful leadership and teamwork, as well as understanding the difference between individual, interpersonal, and collective organizational behavior.
- Appreciate and understand the role of the manager within the hospitality and tourism industry.
Program Tuition Fee
You can expect to work in a range of industry roles, including:
- Front Desk Manager
- Guest Service Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Food Service Manager
- Travel Manager
- Travel Information Manager
- Visitor Information Manager
- Catering Manager
- Event and Meeting Manager
- Sales Manager
- Corporate Travel Manager