Associate of Applied Science in
Computer Information Systems A.A.S.
SUNY Clinton Community College
Earliest start date
* International students are required to provide proof of Financial Resources in the amount of $22,500 USD prior to enrollment.
The mission of the Computer Information Systems AAS degree program is to prepare students for employment in various information technology related areas and/or for the pursuit of advanced degrees in information technology by educating them in the fundamental concepts, knowledge, and practices in computer programming, database, web design, hardware, operating systems and networks.
The program will:
- prepare students to demonstrate knowledge and practical competence in the major areas of the IT field.
- prepare students to conduct the research required to successfully complete computer-related projects consistent with current business/industry practice at the apprentice level.
- prepare students for further study within the computer field at the junior level in requisite institutions of higher learning.
- prepare students to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, as well as interact effectively within the work environment.