Associate of Applied Science in
Computer Graphics Technology: 3D and Video Graphics Associate in Applied Science Degree Schoolcraft College
Similar to the 3D and Video Graphics Certificate, this degree prepares students for a career combining the skills of three-dimensional imaging and video production. In addition, it includes capstone courses that develop creative and practical skills beyond what is taught in the certificate program, as well as coursework that meets the general education requirements for a Schoolcraft associate in applied science (AAS) degree. The degree strengthens the student’s position in the profession and gives the student an academic credential with a higher standing.
Students who satisfactorily complete all college and program requirements qualify for an associate in applied science degree. Students wishing to pursue a post-associate certificate must have a computer graphics technology associate degree or equivalent professional experience.
Sample Schedule of Courses
- CGT 166 - Photography Credits: 3
- CGT 168 - Storyboarding Credits: 3
- CGT 215 - Motion Graphics 1-After Effects Credits: 3
- CGT 254 - 3D Animation - Advanced Models and Textures Credits: 3
Mathematics - Credits: 3-5
Select General Education Mathematics course.
- MATH 101 - Business Mathematics Credits: 3
- OR MATH 111 - Applications - Utility of Math Credits: 4
Total Credits: 15-17
- ENG 101 - English Composition 1 Credits: 3
Humanities - Select General Education Humanities course. Credits: 3-4
- CGT 208 - Digital Video Production Credits: 3
- CGT 246 - Motion Graphics 2 - After Effects Credits: 3
- CGT 252 - 3D Animation - Animating Credits: 3
Total Credits: 15
- COMA 103 - Fundamentals of Speech Credits: 3
Science - Select General Education Science course. Credits: 3-5
- CGT 158 - Sound Design Credits: 3
- CGT 226 - Digital Imaging 2 - Photoshop Credits: 3
- CGT 244 - History of Animation Credits: 3
Total Credits: 15-17
- CGT 210 - Visual Effects Production Credits: 3
- BUS 103 - Organizing a Small Business Credits: 3
- CGT 256 - Portfolio 3D - Reel Development Credits: 3
Social Science - Credits: 3-4
Select General Education Social Science course.
- PSYCH 153 - Human Relations Credits: 3
- CGT 250 - Practical Application Credits: 3
- CGT 271 - Computer Graphics Technology Internship Credits: 3 *
- CGT 298 - Honors Studies Credits: 3 *
Total Credits: 15-16
Program Total: 60-66 Credits
*These classes are offered as independent learning. Contact CGT faculty.
Not all courses are offered each semester. Students should work with an academic advisor or CGT faculty to develop a schedule that will work for them. Students planning to transfer should check the transfer institution’s requirements/guides or discuss their options with an academic advisor. The number of credits may vary depending on the course selection.