Live Sound Engineering Recording Connection Audio School
Through our revolutionary mentor-apprentice (extern) approach, the Recording Connection partners with hundreds of established audio engineers and music producers to train our students on-the-job. These professionals are located in real recording studios across the United States, as well as in Canada, Australia and the U.K., and many of them work with Platinum-selling and/or Grammy-winning artists. As a result, we are able to provide our students with world-class, one-on-one training in hundreds of recording studios across the globe, giving them a real chance for breaking into the music industry.
DESPITE WHAT YOU MAY HAVE BEEN TOLD, YOU CAN'T BREAK INTO THE INDUSTRY BY SITTING IN A CLASSROOM OR STUDYING ONLINE, AND YOU CAN'T LEARN AUDIO ENGINEERING FROM A BOOK. THE ONLY WAY TO LEARN IT IS BY DOING IT.
That’s why we put you inside a real recording studio under the personal guidance of a mentor, someone who has worked in the industry for years and can help you achieve your career goals as a music producer, audio engineer, live audio engineer or recording artist. All your training and supplies are included for a low tuition of just $9,400.
Live Sound Engineering
Learn to be a front-of-house live sound engineer, now available through the Recording Connection
- Do you dream of working with world-class musicians?
- Do you have a good ear for sound and want to make a career out of it?
- Do you desire to gain the skills and expertise you need to achieve superb sound quality at live venues?
- Do you crave the energy of a live musical performance?
- Do you get a rush out of inspiring or moving people through excellent sound?
- Do you work well under pressure?
- Are you creative, reliable and hard-working?
IF YOU ANSWERED YES TO ANY/ALL OF THESE QUESTIONS, A CAREER IN LIVE SOUND MAY BE FOR YOU! ARE YOU READY TO TAKE SOME SERIOUS STEPS TOWARD A CAREER?
IF SO, IT STARTS WITH MAKING SMART CHOICES ABOUT YOUR EDUCATION. AS WE MENTIONED ABOVE, THIS ISN'T SOMETHING YOU CAN LEARN IN A CLASSROOM, FROM A TEXTBOOK OR THROUGH A COMPUTER SCREEN. YOU THE ONLY WAY TO GAIN REAL SKILLS AND REAL EXPERIENCE IS THROUGH AN ON-THE-JOB APPRENTICESHIP. GET DIRECTLY INVOLVED WITH THE WORLD OF LIVE SOUND RECORDING AND ENGINEERING WITH THE RECORDING CONNECTION.
- We pair you with a real, working audio professional from day one, enabling you to learn on-the-job by actually participating in the process.
- With the Recording Connection, you are not simply an intern: you are an apprentice (extern) who is being taught one-on-one.
- Receive personalized instruction from your mentor, and learn at your own pace.
- NO NEED TO RELOCATE. Learn from a real pro near where you live, or where you want to live.
- Learn from a successful, experienced audio engineer with real credits—someone who is making a living doing what you want to do, not from a teacher in a classroom.
- Receive the training you need at an affordable tuition that keeps you from being crippled with student debt.
WE ARE KNOWN THROUGHOUT THE INDUSTRY AS THE GOOD GUYS—THE SCHOOL THAT IS KNOWN FOR BREAKING PEOPLE LIKE YOU INTO THE MUSIC BUSINESS. THIS IS WHY WE ARE ENDORSED BY SOME OF THE BIGGEST NAMES IN THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRIES.
VIEW OUR LIVE SOUND ENGINEERING COURSE CURRICULUM
- Lesson 1 - Sound and Hearing
- Lesson 2 - Microphone Design
- Lesson 3 - What Is a Sound System?
- Lesson 4 - Frequency Response
- Lesson 5 - The Decibel, Sound Level and Related Items
- Lesson 6 - Dynamic Range & Headroom
- Lesson 7 - Sound Outdoors
- Lesson 8 - Sound Indoors
- Lesson 9 - Harmonic Distortion
- Lesson 10 - Input & Output Impedance
INPUT & OUTPUT IMPEDANCE
- Lesson 11 - Microphones