Harm Reduction (Short Course)
CAD 295 *
Earliest start date
* Receive a 10% Fee reduction. Coupon code: "Whale"
The main goal of this course is to help students successfully use Harm Reduction, when appropriate, in their counseling practice.
What You Will Learn?
- Define harm reduction.
- Explain why some people do things that cause themselves harm.
- Describe a range of Harm Reduction practices and strategies.
- Identify where Harm Reduction fits within a continuum of recovery and treatment options.
- Create Harm Reduction counseling plans with clients.
- Explain Harm Reduction practices to clients.
- Recognize the role of Harm Reduction in the context of community health.
- You will learn when, why, and how to apply harm reduction principles and practices when counseling their clients.
35 hours over 4 weeks