Graduate Certificate in Bereavement, Trauma and Loss
Distance Learning, On-Campus
Full time, Part time
Earliest start date
Explore scholarship opportunities to help fund your studies
Why Study Bereavement, Trauma, and Loss at Madonna University?
- Gain knowledge of the latest theory and an understanding of unique aspects of grief counseling
- Develop specific skills involving integrative treatment modalities
- Remain current on research and trends related to trauma, loss, and grief
- Learn from faculty members who are experts in the field
- Learn from anywhere you have an internet connection – you can complete this degree in the classroom or 100% online
Recommended for professionals who wish to enhances their skills as licensed counselors/therapists, or to supplement an existing degree in health and human services, this certificate serves as a toolkit for those working with grieving individuals and families who have experienced traumatic loss or significant life-changing events, and need support and validation in the process of healing. The certificate counts as a cognate for students pursuing the master's degree in hospice and palliative studies at Madonna. If you have completed your bachelor's degree you may apply to earn this certificate through the Graduate School.
Our faculty who teach in this specialty area believe that the grieving process is adaptive, even transformative and that with safety, validation, connection, and re-engagement with self and community, healing can begin.
Employment opportunities range from private practice entities or interdisciplinary team positions in hospice/palliative/end-of-life care settings, e.g., bereavement specialist, social worker, or chaplain, and family services agencies.
Plan of Study
Plan of Study