International Foundation Diploma in Business and Information Technology
Distance Learning, On-Campus
Full time, Part time
SGD 5,500 *
Earliest start date
* international students: €3883.16 / local students: SGD $4000/€2824.12 | discount fees for jan intake: SGD $3,600/€2468.21
The aim of the International Foundation Diploma in Business and Information Technology (FDBIT) programme is to prepare students in creative, critical thinking, computational thinking, study, writing, communication, and numeracy skills. Students can make an informed choice in selecting from various specializations in Technology such as Information Technology (IT), Data Analytics, Business Intelligence and Data Analytics, Cyber Security, Information Security and Digital Forensics and IT, Business and Law, Banking and Finance, and Hospitality and Tourism Diploma, Advanced Diploma and/or Higher Diploma courses in LSBF Singapore.
International Foundation Diploma in Business and Information Technology aims to give students the best possible preparation to commence a career in one of a wide range of industries and prepare students for further study. Graduates of the course will be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of the basic underlying academic concepts and principles associated with the broader discipline of Business and Law, Technology, and Hospitality and Tourism.
The aims are to provide students with:
- The eligibility to progress into the Diploma programme.
- An understanding of basic theories and concepts of the subject area, and the ability to communicate these accurately to a range of peers.
- Gain skills that can be used in a wide range of situations and contexts.
Whilst the International Foundation Diploma in Business and Information Technology may be a first step towards obtaining the Diploma in a choice of interested discipline, holders of the International Foundation Diploma in Business and Information Technology will be equipped to enter employment in a role requiring some personal responsibility but within a mainly supervised context. The FDBIT aims to prepare students for the transition into higher education study, by equipping them with the fundamental skills, and knowledge needed to be successful in their chosen area of related disciplines.
International Foundation Diploma in Business and Information Technology offer as an initial qualification for students aiming to embark on a career in one of a wide range of industries, and/or for students aiming for a Higher Education qualification in a subject allied to the Business, Infocomm Technology, Hospitality and Tourism industry.
Graduates of the International Foundation Diploma in Business and Information Technology should be able to understand and apply, within the employment context, basic theories, and concepts.
Upon successful completion of this FDBIT programme, students should be able to:
- Discover an area of interest in Business and Law, Technology, Hospitality and Tourism providing students with an academic bridge into higher education.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills when working in groups or leading teams.
- Professionally communicate and present proposals, findings, and results.
- Possess the necessary personal qualities and technical skills to progress to higher level studies.
In addition, holders of the International Foundation Diploma in Business and Information Technology should have developed the qualities and transferable skills necessary for employment requiring the exercise of some personal responsibility.
- Critical Thinking
- MATH 0105 Introduction to Statistics
- Communication for Project Effectiveness
- Fundamentals of Accounting
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- COMP 0104 Introduction to IT
Mode of delivery
Lectures, Tutorials, Seminars, Workshops, Case studies and Exercises, Group work projects and presentations, Computer Exercises, and Class Discussions.
- 17 years old or above;
- Local students shall possess one of the following: At least two passes in GCE ‘O’ Level; NITEC or Higher NITEC;
- International Students shall possess one of the following: Completion of Year 10 middle high school qualification or equivalent qualification from respective home countries.
Minimum English Language Entry Requirement
Both local and international students MUST fulfill the minimum English language entry requirement of one of the following (except Mandarin programs):
- Achieved grade D7 or better in the English language at GCE O level.
- Pass in the English Language in Year 10 High School qualification or equivalent.
- IELTS 5.0/TOEFL 500.
- Completed LSBF Preparatory Course in English Intermediate Level.
- Successfully pass LSBF English Placement Test.
- External Placement Test (EPT) one which is before they arrive in Singapore and
- Internal Placement Test (IPT) when they arrive in Singapore as a final placement marker, OR
- Applicants who do not have any valid/certified English Language test as a guide
- Dynamic Clarity for those students who wish to matriculate into a Degree/ Masters course
Students with non-standard entry requirements (e.g., other PEI qualification, lack of equivalent Year 10 in their home country, Mature candidates will be assessed on a case-by-case basis subject to the approval of the Academic Board.
- Local students: SGD $ 4000/€ 2824.12
- International students: SGD $ 5500/€ 3883.16
5% OFF Diplomas (ALL) and 10% OFF UOG AF/BS/BLTM/MBA/MA (SGD/Euros)