Higher Diploma in Computer Science
Distance Learning, On-Campus
16 - 24 months
Full time, Part time
SGD 15,200 *
Earliest start date
* international students: €10403.87 / local students: SGD $12840/€8784.68 | discount fees for jan intake: SGD $11,556/€7922.96
The Higher Diploma in Computer Science (HDCS) further builds upon the skillsets of the Diploma in Information Technology. It provides one with a solid grounding in subject areas, preparing one for a career in IT and computer science across a wide spectrum of industries, and is suitable for those who wish to prepare themselves for essential roles in the workplace requiring technical expertise, or as a progression pathway to higher education.
Upon completion of the HDCS, students will have attained strong skillsets and requisite domain knowledge and may progress to degree programs at various UK, US, or Australian Universities and may be eligible to gain advanced standings for certain course selections. Students are encouraged to bring their own laptops for practicing laboratory practical exercises.
Minimum Academic Entry Requirement
Local students shall possess one of the following:
- Two passes in GCE ‘A’ Level Examinations
- International Baccalaureate (24 points)
- Local Polytechnic Diploma in any field
International Students shall possess one of the following:
- Completion of Year 12 High School Qualification or equivalent qualification from respective home countries
- Completed International Baccalaureate (24 points)
- Equivalent Local Polytechnic Diploma in any field in respective home countries
Minimum English Language Entry Requirement
Both local and international students must fulfill the minimum English language entry requirement of one of the following:
- Achieved grade C6 or better in the English language at ‘O’ level
- Passed in the English Language in Year 10 High School qualification or equivalent
- Achieved IELTS 5.0/TOEFL 500
- Completed the LSBF Preparatory Course in English Upper Intermediate Level
- Successfully passed the LSBF English Placement Test
- Students with non-standard entry requirements will be assessed on a case-by-case basis subject to approval of the Academic Board.
18 years or above
- Local students: SGD $12,840/€ 8784.68
- International students: SGD $15,200/€ 10403.87
5% OFF Diplomas (ALL) and 10% OFF UOG AF/BS/BLTM/MBA/MA (SGD/Euros).