Graduate Certificate in
Graduate Certificate in Global Project Management
Loyalist College of Applied Arts & Technology
CAD 16,908 / per year
Earliest start date
In our increasingly connected world, a global mindset combined with project management skills can create unique career opportunities both in Canada and abroad. Organizations of all types and sizes depend on the successful completion of projects to be sustainable and remain competitive. Global project management professionals control every aspect of the project from the initial concept through design, actual task completion and implementation. As a graduate of Loyalist College's full-time Global Project Management post-graduate program, you may be eligible to advance your profession through the Project Management Institute (PMI). The PMI offers a variety of voluntary certification levels for applicants who meet specific prerequisites, including postsecondary completion and industry experience. In addition, professional certifications from Scrum Alliance (Agile Leadership and ScrumMaster), as well as Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) certifications on Microsoft Project software, can also be available to students, subject to availability from the certification agency.
Note: This is a non-funded program and is therefore not OSAP eligible. (Port Hope Campus)
Project Management Institute
The PMI offers a variety of voluntary certification levels for applicants who meet specific prerequisites, including postsecondary completion and industry experience.
How You’ll Learn
Students will acquire the creative, practical, and advanced knowledge and skills that contribute to the effective management of the critical elements required to ensure overall project success. Students will also learn how to create and operate a global technology infrastructure managing thousands of individual projects within their portfolios.
Get hands-on skills in the following:
- Learn how to manage project goals, constraints, deliverables, performance criteria, quality control needs, and resource requirements as defined by international project stakeholders.
- Align and adapt management and leadership strategies and styles when working on projects according to internal organizational culture and best practices in a Canadian business environment.
- Facilitate communication, negotiation and collaboration with international stakeholders to ensure the successful completion of projects.
- Ensure compliance with ethical and professional standards in a Canadian business environment when managing projects.
- Manage relationships and resolve conflict to establish motivation and promote positive organizational change.
- Integrate inclusive practices to support equity and participation of diverse stakeholders when managing projects.
- Use technology tools for communication, collaboration, planning, information support and decision-making purposes for planning and managing global projects.
- Analyze financial information to promote operational effectiveness and to support the scope, planning, procurement, risk and cost management of projects.
- Develop and manage a comprehensive project plan for global projects, programs and portfolios using technology and software systems to meet stakeholder requirements.
Is It for You?
Global project management training will prepare you with the skills to oversee projects and lead dynamic teams in a diverse range of settings. This is an excellent field for college and university graduates who possess:
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills
- Interest in learning about other cultures and having a global mindset
- The ability to think creatively and strategically
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Exceptional time and team management skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
First Year - Semester One
- Capture Planning
- Project Communication
- Project Cost Management
- Project Information Systems & Management
- Project Management Context & Control
- Project Risk Management
- Service Learning 1
First Year - Semester Two
- Co-op and Canadian Career Search Prep 1
- Human Factors in Proj. Mgmt
- Procurement, Supply, Contracts
- Project Leadership
- Quality Project Management
- Service Learning 2
- Sust & Corp Social
Second Year - Semester Three
- Agile Project Management
- CAN Proj Management Prac
- Cloud Comp & ERP Sys
- Co-op and Canadian Career Search Prep 2
- Enterprise Project Management
- Proj Collab & Comm Tools
- Proj. Portfolio & PM
Second Year - Semester Four
- Professional Certification Preparation
Second Year - Semester Four (Elective Group 1 )
- Applied Industry Project - Global Project Management
- Co-op Placement
Select 1 course from above
Program Tuition Fee
Find Your Career
Global project management professionals find employment in a range of sectors, including business, finance, education and construction.
Develop essential skills in the following:
- Project management
- Information support
- Risk and cost management
- Global portfolio development
- Stakeholder relations