Diploma In Therapeutic Counselling
London, United Kingdom
GBP 2,335 / per year *
Earliest start date
* Students who are 24+. Age group 16-18, Free. Age group 19-24, £ 2,335 and for International student, fee is £9,000.
The Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (Level 4) Programme is designed to lead to an employed or voluntary role in a counseling agency in both health care and non-medical settings. Learners with sufficient experience can also begin working as independent practitioners in private practice.
Completion of level 2 and 3 Counselling and interview.
On the practical side, you will be:
- Required to attend supervision.
- Start to work with real clients and will need to secure a placement in an outside agency. Over the 2 years of the course, you need to have completed a minimum of 100 voluntary counseling hours.
- Required to undertake 40 hours of personal therapy each year.
- Essential that you become a student member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapists (BACP). You can find the details of membership on the BACP website
Aims of the course
This two-year part-time qualification aims to give learners the knowledge, skills, and competencies to work as a therapeutic counselor in an agency context.
Successful candidates may progress onto:
- Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Level 5 Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapeutic Skills & Theory
- Level 6 Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling Supervision
- Open University Foundation Degree in Counselling
On successful completion of this qualification, you will have the skills and knowledge needed to advance into employed or voluntary roles within both health care and non-medical agencies.