Diploma in Interior Design | Online
LaSalle College Vancouver
Earliest start date
Diploma in Interior Design | Online program will teach you the skills required to design residential interior spaces based on your client's needs. From finding solutions to drawing sketches and plans to offering advice on the choice of colours, materials and furniture, you will be able to execute interior design projects in compliance with plans and estimates.
In the course of your training, you will learn to…
- choose materials, finishes and lighting to meet your client´s needs.
- design residential and commercial layout which will meet and even exceed your client´s needs.
- use your creativity to develop vision boards for impactful presentations.
- develop proficiency and confidence in industry utilized software.
- High-quality training with rich media content.
- Continuous evaluation of your understanding of the material.
- An E-learning program based on the original LaSalle College on campus program.
- A variety of courses available remotely.
- A combination of virtual classes, self-guided training, and homework for a minimum amount of class hours and a maximum amount of freedom.
- Virtual evening classes.
- Length of program: 16 months; 13 hours per week; 810 hours (includes self-guided training, virtual classes and individual study time).
- The Diploma program prepares students to work as an interior designer in residential and commercial design
- Virtual evening classes.
- Supports and enhances professional and academic development
- Build a portfolio to showcase work
- Innovative programming in a state-of-the-art environment
- Program consists of 16 months; 13 courses; 810 hours (includes self-guided training, virtual classes and individual study time)
- Graduating students receive a Diploma
- Students are responsible for ensuring compatibility with the software.
Students focus on residential and commercial design, learn about architectural graphic standards, construction materials and finishes, as well as how to illustrate interiors with AutoCAD software. Our faculty, made up of industry experts who work in the field, continuously evaluate your understanding of the material, to ensure online students are routinely meeting benchmarks on the path to graduation.
If you have these qualities or skills, then a career in Interior Design may be for you!
- Aesthetic sensibility
- Team spirit
- Artistic abilities
- Interest in public relations and teamwork
- Passion for the visual arts, design and computer science.
- Dynamism and initiative
- The ability to work with precision.
- Basic technical knowledge.
- The ability to adapt to a varied schedule and meet tight deadlines.
Students directly out of high school, or mature students who are ready for a career change or to build on the skills they have.
- Those with an interest in Design and Architecture
- Creative minds
- Design, Visual Arts and Computer Science Passionates
- Project Management Enthusiasts
- Three-Dimensional Design
- Drawing Techniques (AutoCAD)
- Colours & Effects
- Materials and Finishes
- Interior Design I
- Applied Colour I
- Interior Architecture I
- 3D Modelling for Interior Design
- Interior Layout Planing II
- History of Styles & Interior Design I
- Furniture Design and Production I
- Interior Layout Planning III
- Basic drawing tools and accessories
- Strong theoretical and practical knowledge.
- Technical knowledge and skills related to the philosophy of design, based on innovation and sustainable development.
- Ability to design interiors and convey the concepts to a client prior to implementation.
- Understanding of the disciplines of environmental design, interior design, interior architecture, adaptive reuse, spatial design and exhibition design.
- Industry software tools, including Autodesk AutoCad.
After completing the Interior Design E-learning program, you will have earned your diploma from LaSalle College Vancouver, and gain access to the following careers:
- Interior Designer
- Residential Designer
- Furniture and Materials Sales Specialist
- Project Manager
- Design Product Representative
- Interior Decoration Consultant