Associate of Arts in Music
USD 7,120 / per semester *
Earliest start date
* this is for a standard 15 credit semester including fees / price may vary depending on how many credits are taken
Laney College offers four Music A.A. Degrees and a variety of Certificates of Achievement. Current degree summaries and course requirements are linked below. Be sure to consult with a counselor and the Music Department Chair when beginning a new program. Those interested in completed the AA-T should enroll in Music 150 instead of piano, voice, guitar, or percussion classes. Look for the section of Music 150 that meets at the same time as the piano, voice, guitar, or percussion class it replaces.
Music Industry courses will now be listed under the discipline:
- Commercial Music or Music-CM.
- Music-CM 1A, B, and C: Introduction to Electronic Music and MIDI
- Music-CM 2A and B: Songwriting
- Music-CM 3A and B: Live Sound