As the largest teacher preparation in the state, the College of Education at Kansas State University has demonstrated the ability to respond to the needs of the global market by offering a mix of initial and advanced degrees that prepare individuals from all geographical areas, socio-economic backgrounds, and cultures to teach. With years of experience working with international students from around the world, highly qualified faculty with English as a Second Language (ESL) experience will prepare native speakers of Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, French, and German for teacher licensure. Students can expect to exit the program with the skills necessary to excel in the classroom and beyond. Our Teaching & Learning (TELRN) Graduate Certificate is a great place for career-changers to begin their path of becoming a teacher of World Languages.
This program equips individuals with the instructional practices and theory necessary to teach American students in the United States. With just one more semester of coursework following completion of the certificate, interested candidates could finish a Curriculum and Instruction Master’s Degree with a World Modern Languages concentration. The Ph.D. in Curriculum & Instruction is intended for advanced graduates seeking to focus on educational research at the local, national, or international level.
Join us and become part of the exciting global momentum K-State is creating in the field of World Language teacher education!
Vision, Mission, and Conceptual Framework
"Preparing educators to be knowledgeable, ethical, caring decision makers for a diverse and changing world."
Our Mission is fulfilled through:
- the delivery of exemplary instruction to students at the undergraduate and graduate levels;
- production, interpretation, and dissemination of sound and useful research and scholarship;
- leadership, collaboration, and service within the profession;
- and promotion, understanding, and celebration of diversity.
Our college embraces accreditation as a primary means of assuring the profession that we meet its highest standards.
- Kansas Department of Education (KSDE)
- National Council Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE/CAEP)
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP)
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)