HND in Construction Management for England (Construction Design and Build Technician)
Global Banking School
Greenford, United Kingdom
GBP 6,000 / per year
Earliest start date
Our HND in Construction Management for England (Construction Design and Build Technician) course enables you to gain up-to-date specialist knowledge from our in-house experts, as well as develop your organisational and planning skills. Learning is hands-on and practical, with site visits, case studies, and live projects.
Our HND Construction Management course at GBS puts you on track to reaching your career goals within the global construction sector. The course has been designed to develop your specialist skills and knowledge and to transform you into the professional that top employers in the construction industry are looking for.
Upon graduation, a range of career paths will be open to you, including:
- Assistant Design Co-ordinator
- Design & Build Co-ordinator
- Construction Site Supervisor
- Construction Design Technician
- Site Manager
- Project Manager
- Health & Safety Manager
- Planning Supervisor
You will gain an understanding of the way technology is transforming construction and will be ready and equipped to work with this technology. You will also learn more about contemporary issues facing the industry - in particular sustainability and the environment - and about the role that construction plays in addressing these issues.
The construction industry is a very practical, technical and hands-on environment, and teaching and learning in the course reflect this. You will learn from real-life examples, work-related learning, practical sessions, site inspections and expert guest speakers from the sector – all of which bring learning to life and make for a dynamic student experience.
Evening classes are available, subject to minimum class size.
There are no formal examinations required for this course. Assessments are undertaken in various ways:
- Reports/Project reports
- In-class tests
- Work-based projects
- Professional discussions
- Writing an assignment/report/essay
- CAD drawings and specifications
- Practical assessments
- Analysing a case study
- Completing a portfolio of evidence
You will be required to work on your own time to complete research, homework tasks or group work.
Self-study is vital to your success on this course and lecturers will give you guidance on how best to approach this throughout the study period.
- Intakes: September, February, June
- Duration: 2 years
- Awarding Institution: Pearson Education
- Awarded Qualification: HND in Construction Management for England (Construction Design and Build Technician)
- Delivery: Weekends
- Locations: London
- Fees: £6,000 per year
Scholarships and Funding
You can apply for help with your fees from the government. This could take the form of a Tuition Fee Loan, Maintenance Loan or Maintenance Grant.
A Tuition Fee Loan will cover the cost of your up-front fees and will be paid to your university or College. The Loan must be repaid once you finish your course and are earning £26,575 a year or more. Both full and part-time learners can apply.
If you are eligible, you can apply for a Maintenance Loan too. The loan is paid directly into your bank account at the start of the term. This loan has to be repaid after you leave your course and when your earnings are more than £26,575.
Maintenance Grants are paid into your bank account at the start of the term. You don’t have to pay it back, but any funds you get will reduce the amount of Maintenance Loan you are eligible for.
New students must prove they have been living in the UK for five years before their course start date to get living cost support from Student Finance England.
- Construction Technology (15 credits)
- Construction Practice and Management (15 credits)
- Legal and Statutory Responsibilities in Construction (15 credits)
- Construction Information - Drawing, Detailing, Specifications (15 credits)
- Building Information - Modelling (15 credits)
- Principles of Refurbishment (15 credits)
- Site Supervision and Operations (15 credits)
- Individual Project (15 credits)
- Contracts and Management (15 credits)
- Project Management (15 credits)
- Management for Complex Building Projects (15 credits)
- Environmental Assessment and Monitoring (15 credits)
- Personal Professional Development (15 credits)
- Maintenance and Operations (15 credits)
- Group Project (30 credits)