Associate Degree in
Associate Degree in Welding Technology, Industrial Fox Valley Technical College
As an industrial welding technician, you assist engineers, supervisors, and journey workers in the production of quality welded and metal fabricated parts. You will learn how to provide technical assistance in the planning, development, and implementation of a production cycle. Your training includes lots of hands-on training in fabrication and welding techniques, along with a thorough understanding of manufacturing processes. You’ll also cover robotic arc welding, electrical safety, material properties, and welding codes. This degree program equips you with the skills you need for a successful career in industrial welding.
Scholarships and Funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
- GMAW Techniques 1
- GMAW Techniques 2
- FCAW Techniques
- GTAW Techniques
- Robotic Arc Welding, Basic
- Welding/Metal Fab Intro & Safety
- Weld Print Reading
- Weld Symbols
- SMAW Techniques 1
- Pipe Welding Techniques
- Manufacturing Enterprises for Fabrication
- Manufacturing Processes
- Cutting Processes
- 2D/3D CAD Modeling for Welders
- Pattern Drafting Processes
- Welding Processes, Design & Costs
- Welding Metallurgy
- Weldability of Materials
- Advanced Manufacturing Processes
- Robotic Arc Welding, Advanced
- Welding NDE, Codes & Testing
- Advanced Welding Processes
- Oral/Interpersonal Comm
- College Mathematics
- Written Communication
- Survey of Physics
- Think Critically & Creatively
- Psychology of Human Relations
- Demonstrate industry-recognized safety practices.
- Inspect products.
- Interpret welding drawings.
- Manufacture products to specifications.
- Operate robotic welding equipment.
- Produce finished product to specification.
- Produce welds to current AWS specifications.
- Troubleshoot robotic arc welding cell problems.
Program Tuition Fee
- Custom Fabricator.
- Industrial Welding Technician.
- Robot Technician.