NPA Level 5 in Filmmaking
Film Academy Milton Keynes (FAMK)
Bletchley, United Kingdom
GBP 4,100 / per year
Earliest start date
The National Progression Award (NPA) in Film and Media at SCQF Level 5 is an excellent choice for learners who are currently in school or have recently completed their school education. This programme is specifically designed to provide you with an exciting introduction to the dynamic worlds of film and media.
The NPA at SCQF Level 5 is structured to offer you not only a foundational understanding of the film and media industries but also hands-on experience in conceptualizing, developing, and delivering your creative projects. It's a programme that encourages your creativity and helps you transform your ideas into tangible media content.
- Develops knowledge and understanding of film and media together with practical, technical, and transferable skills such as resource management, problem-solving, planning, and communication skills
- Offers a wide range of optional units to meet local needs
- Provides bite-sized chunks of learning that are straightforward for learners to study
Employment and Progression
You could use this level 5 award to progress to:
- the NPA in Film and Media at SCQF level 6
- the National Certificate in Creative Industries at SCQF level 6
The NPA in Film and Media at SCQF level 5 is suitable for learners who are at school or who may have just left school.
The NPA in Film and Media at SCQF level 5 has been designed to offer you an introduction to the film and media sectors, and practical experience of developing and delivering your own creative project.
The focus of this unit is on practical activities carried out in a creative context. You will work as part of a team in the planning and implementation of a creative project. You will learn how to:
- Work with others and contribute to the production of a plan for a creative project in response to a given brief.
- Contribute to the implementation of a creative project.
- Review the completed project and your contribution to it.
- Media: An Introduction to Film and the Film Industry
- Creative Project
Learners must select two of the following optional units:
- Media: An Introduction to the Media Industry
- Media: Sound Recording for Single Camera
- Media: Basic Video Editing
- Media: Basic Video Camera Operations
- Creative Industries: Skills Development
- Multimedia Computing: Introduction to Video Production
- Creative Industries: Basics
- Creative Industries: Practical Skills Development
- Creative Industries: Pre-Production