Introduction to the Fundamentals of Mixology (Certificate)
Earliest start date
The “Introduction to the Fundamentals” programs are designed specifically for food enthusiasts, aspiring entrepreneurs or professionals seeking to discover the fundamentals of French Gastronomy. Through these highly immersive and practical programs, participants will acquire the fundamentals of professional techniques, understand the working environment of a professional bar, and master the most iconic recipes of mixology.
- Acquire the basic professional techniques of mixology
- Understand the working environment of a professional bar
- Produce and present drinks
These programs are taught directly in English with a maximum of 12 participants allowing for one-on-one instruction and support.
All teaching in this program will be in English (guest chefs may speak in French with simultaneous translation). Course materials will be in English. Although knowledge of the French language is not a requirement to be admitted to the program, it is important for the internship and more generally for daily life in Paris.
- Describe the universe of bar culture
- Taste and compare different families of aperitives
- Develop house cocktails with the elements at hand
- Use the mixology equipment to create original cocktails by developing his creativity
- Create original alcohol-free cocktails
- Classes run from Monday through Friday
- A general week includes 35 hours
- Demonstrations of professional skill
- Hands-on practice: students make all products themselves