Graduate Certificate in
Graduate Certificate in Business Analysis
CAD 4,016 **
Request info *
Earliest start date
* equal consideration deadline. After that, we consider applicants on a first-come, first-served basis until programs are full
** total fee for Canadian students. $16,791.22 for international students
Business analyst drives change within organizations through highly-developed communication skills; they maintain a vibrant and dynamic skill set in today’s fast-paced world. This one-year post-grad program provides you with the opportunity to practice as a business analyst and learn how to lead and drive complex changes by identifying the real problem, engaging with subject matter experts, defining requirements and solutions that deliver value to stakeholders to meet the strategic, tactical and financial goals of an organization.
Your Learning Experience
The one-year Business Analysis Ontario College Graduate Certificate is aligned with the BABOK (Business Analysis Body of Knowledge) and is endorsed by the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA). Graduates of our program prequalify for the Professional Development (PD) requirement of the IIBA ECBA™, CCBA®, and CBAP® certification examinations which are recognized in over 40 countries.
Graduate from this business analysis program ready to advance your career:
- Learn specialized skills in business intelligence, business architecture, and strategy
- Gain paid, real-world experience as a business analyst with a mandatory co-op work term and learn from business analysis professionals
- Graduate from this B.A.B.O.K.-aligned program prepared to pursue a number of IIBA certifications including ECBA™, CCBA®, and CBAP®
- Complete an additional graduate certificate in Project Management, if you choose to, due to standard courses between the programs
- Be prepared to find a job within various industries including Business Analyst, Systems Analyst, Business Planning Analyst, Project Manager, and Product Owner
Laptop and technical requirements
Please note, this program requires a laptop. It is recommended that students use a PC laptop vs. a Mac laptop, as Windows is required to be able to load program-specific software.
Technical requirements for this program should also be considered. Students are required to use Windows 7 (or newer) or Mac (Mojave 10.14 or newer). Alternative operating systems, such as Android, are incompatible with program requirements.
The Business Analysis program offers a cooperative education component, which provides students with the opportunity to gain invaluable first-hand work experience in their chosen field. Here are some co-op jobs that have kick-started the careers of some.
Business Analysis students before even graduating!
Junior Business Analyst – Manufacturing - Supports a diverse team of technology professionals, including business analysts and software developers by responding, troubleshooting, and documenting resolutions associated with active projects and new helpdesk requests.
Junior Business Intelligence Analyst - develop new reports, dashboards, and portals, troubleshoot issues with tools, systems, and software, and visualize and present data to inform management.
Assistant Project Manager - Supports the project team by maximizing team member skills, measuring accomplishments against critical timelines, and advising where there are shortfalls and opportunities.
Take all of the following Mandatory Courses:
- MGMT-6118 ---- Bus Analysis in the Agile Organization
- MGMT-6119 ---- Business Architecture
- MGMT-6120 ---- Business Case Development
- MGMT-6121 ---- Business Intelligence
- MGMT-6122 ---- Business Process Management
- MGMT-6123 ---- Business Analysis-Intro
- MGMT-6124 ---- Methods for Business Analysis
- MGMT-6125 ---- Perspectives for Business Analysis
- MGMT-6126 ---- Solution Analysis and Management
- MGMT-6127 ---- Strategy and Requirements Analysis
- COMM-6019 ---- Advanced Professional Communication
- MGMT-6128 ---- Project Mgmt for Business Analysts
- COOP-1020 ---- Co-operative Education Employment Prep
Students Must Complete a Minimum of 10 credits in this program at Fanshawe College to meet the Program Residency requirement and Graduate from this program
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Develop new or improved innovative business processes from gap analysis through process design in support of a company’s strategic objectives in a socially responsible manner;
- Develop and document business processes and business models according to established timelines and project goals in order to successfully execute the project;
- Plan, manage, and facilitate requirements gathering activities to define, manage, and implement the product or process;
- Develop strategies to bridge gaps between requirements and existing systems in accordance with standard business practices;
- Accurately communicate technical and business information to all stakeholders to ensure a clear understanding of system requirements;
- Collaborate and ethically network with stakeholders to evaluate and align business processes and business models with the strategic objectives of the organization's Curriculum.
Graduates of Fanshawe’s Business Analysis program can pursue careers working in business analytics and project management within a variety of organizations including health care, telecommunications, banking, manufacturing, education, IT networking, and software industries.
Here are some examples of career opportunities for graduates of Fanshawe’s Business Analysis program:
Junior Business Analyst
Support project teams by analyzing data and reporting findings to help make sure the products or applications in development meet the needs of clients.
Assistant Project Manager
Monitor project progress, communicate with stakeholders throughout all phases of the project, schedule meetings, and maintain documents and reports.
Analyze the fit of software, hardware, and the wider IT systems to the business needs. Examine current systems; produce specifications and requirements; support the new implementation.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.