Associate of Arts in
Associate in Fine Arts, Studio Arts
Delaware County Community College
2 - 3 years
USD 25,083 / per year
Earliest start date
The Studio Arts program stresses a concentration in both Painting and Drawing but allows students to utilize a diversity of mixed media to be infused within traditional approaches of the genre. Students in this program will be encouraged to explore and develop a variety of techniques within a range of media. Personal growth and the development of both technical skills and conceptual ideation will be encouraged. The Associate in Fine Arts Degree in Studio Arts will prepare students to transfer into a 4-year Bachelor of Fine Arts program. Students will be provided with all foundation-level studio courses as well as a broad choice of art history courses.
- Fall Semester: Late August
- Spring Semester: Early January
- Summer Semester: Late May
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of visual literacy in regard to drawing and or painting utilizing perceptual means
- Demonstrate knowledge of visual literacy in regard to the understanding and application of the elements and principles of two and three-dimensional design principles
- Demonstrate knowledge of visual literacy in regard to the understanding of the dynamics of basic color theory including the manipulation of hue, value, and chroma
- Demonstrate knowledge of visual literacy in regard to the manipulation of the concept of the picture plane
- Demonstrate knowledge of visual literacy in regard to the understanding of the forms and concepts associated with the history of art
- Demonstrate knowledge of visual literacy in conjunction with the application of digital technology and or digital photographic technology
- Demonstrate knowledge of visual literacy in the application of objective and non-objective subject matter in addition to utilizing traditional figurative motifs
- Practice critical thinking skills through the production and evaluation of artwork; Produce a portfolio of artworks that demonstrates all of the above principles
Course requirements are available below.
Scholarships and Funding
Delaware County Community College's Educational Foundation awards approximately $300,000 in scholarships annually. Each scholarship has its own criteria for eligibility established by the donor. The application period for scholarships each year runs from mid-February to mid-April.
More information can be found at: