Associate of Arts in
Associate in Arts, Liberal Arts
Delaware County Community College
USD 25,083 / per year
Earliest start date
The Liberal Arts curriculum provides the core liberal arts component of most bachelor’s degree programs and prepares students for transfer to four-year colleges or universities. The interdisciplinary curriculum is well-suited for students who are either undecided about their major or who are seeking a broad, general education before narrowing the focus of their course of study. After completing this program, students will be well-positioned to pursue any number of different Bachelor of Arts programs at four-year institutions. Since the curriculum requirements of other institutions vary, students should meet with a transfer advisor at DCCC to obtain information concerning entrance requirements for the specific school and program in which they are interested in.
- Fall Semester: Late August
- Spring Semester: Early January
- Summer Semester: Late May
Upon successful completion of this curriculum, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate sound critical thinking, information literacy, and technological competency in the production of academic writing and presentations
- Demonstrate quantitative and scientific reasoning when investigating and solving abstract and material problems
- Demonstrate an awareness of the social, political, and economic forces which shape individuals, institutions, and communities in the modern world
- Critically engage with aesthetic expressions of human experience
- Analyze and reflect on human behavior from theoretical and empirical perspectives
Course requirements are available below.
Scholarships and Funding
Delaware County Community College's Educational Foundation awards approximately $300,000 in scholarships annually. Each scholarship has its own criteria for eligibility established by the donor. The application period for scholarships each year runs from mid-February to mid-April.
More information can be found at: