Associate of Applied Science in
Automotive Technology (A.A.S.)
Columbia-Greene Community College
Earliest start date
This program trains students in the repair of the modern vehicle without focusing on one specific manufacturer. It is a general program that allows graduates the opportunity to work at specific dealerships, independent repair centers, or fleet repair facilities.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES:
• Interpret automotive contextual information to determine appropriate service actions.
• Collect and analyze printed and electronic vehicle data to correctly identify a system failure.
• Apply mathematical principles as they relate to the automotive industry.
• Evaluate digital oscilloscope graphing for the purpose of diagnostic philosophy.
• Interact effectively in a diverse automotive environment.
• Ability to work independently on eLearning modules and research papers to successful completion.
• Analyze data and formulate an effective repair philosophy.
• Clearly articulate in an automotive environment the specific diagnostic and repair process.