Foundation Diploma in Professional Musicianship- Songwriting
Request info *
Earliest start date
* this course at this site location is currently unavailable for international students who require sponsorship for a Student Route Visa (correct as of the time of publication)
If you’re a songwriter striving to reach your full potential, but can’t commit to a full-time program, then the Foundation Diploma in Professional Musicianship can help turn your passion for music into a career.
This course is available at BIMM Music Institute Dublin (Ireland), but currently not to international students that require sponsorship of a Student Route Visa.
This one-year program aims to develop your performance skills at the same time as progressing your songwriting and goals.
At BIMM Dublin, we also understand that live performance is the key to you becoming a great musician, so you’ll spend a lot of time on stage to help you develop and find your niche as a songwriter/performer.
You’ll also further hone your skills by receiving tuition in techniques, music theory, DAW study, and styles across a wide range of genres from, folk to funk. The diploma is musically challenging, providing the perfect balance between practical and technical skills. You’ll be part of a creative community of gifted writers, performers, and music industry professionals who you can collaborate and network with to help bring your talent to life.
Life at BIMM will stretch you as a musician and performer. It will also inspire you as a fan, as you attend unique Masterclasses with some of the best players and musicians in the world. You’ll also have the opportunity to audition for the BIMM Album and termly BIMM gigs.
- Mode of Attendance: Part-time
- Length of course: 1 year
- Awarding institution: BIMM University
- Campus delivery: Dublin
- Language of study: English
- Final award and exit awards: 60 CATS Credits (Equivalent to 30 ECTS Credits)
- Admissions Criteria: Successful completion of one module at Level 5. This is equivalent to one O6 (formerly one Ordinary Level D3) in any subject at Leaving Cert.
Scholarships and Funding
Early Confirmation Discount
An early confirmation discount for study in the UK of £2,000 or €2,000 for study in Germany or Ireland for each year of study is available to all international students ineligible for home (domestic) fees who have an offer to study with us at any of our campuses in the UK, Germany or Ireland.
To be eligible for the Early Confirmation Discount, you must:
- Be an overseas applicant ineligible for home (domestic) fees
- Apply and receive an offer to study a BIMM University course
- Accept your offer
- Pay your deposit, if applicable, by the deadline of 15th June 2024
- The scholarship will automatically be deducted from your fees when you enroll.
This discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount, offer, or scholarship.
Future Talent Scholarship
Launching for September 2024 entry, the new Future Talent Scholarships provide a full 3-year tuition fee for undergraduate students studying courses in music, film, acting, or creative technology. These scholarships are aimed at candidates from low-income households and/or groups under-represented in the creative industries. We are looking to support those who demonstrate talent in their chosen discipline, strong creative potential, and a high motivation for a career in the creative industries.
The scholarship offers financial support, a supportive training environment, and a skills and career development program designed to support progression to future careers in the creative industries.
Module names and structure may be subject to change.
- Songcraft (Semester 1)
- Song stylistics (Semester 1)
- Live Arrangement & Performance (Semester 2)
- Creative Music theory (Semester 2)
Program Tuition Fee
Graduates can progress directly to a career in the music industry or can continue their study with BA (Hons) Commercial Modern Music in Guitar, Bass, Drums, Vocals or Songwriting at BIMM Music Institute.