Boot Camp for Aspiring Entrepreneurs
Generate and develop a viable business idea, then take it from concept to complete business plan and investor-ready pitch. Bring a business problem you’d like to solve or we will provide one from a real company – then tackle it and pitch your solutions. Polish your CV and earn a valuable certificate while you get a taste of start-up culture, hone essential skills, and gain an international edge.
- A compelling business plan
- An investor-ready pitch deck
- An Elab certificate
Your week will consist of a mix of activities to maximize your experiential learning experience including day sessions and group work, guest talks and discussions, coaching and fireside chats.
You’ll get to explore the startup landscape and feel the entrepreneurial spirit by meeting with the most influential people of Berlin / London startup scene, visiting the most exciting exhibitions and excursions.
- Generate Your Business Idea: Explore new ways of thinking and ideation techniques. Learn a hands-on process of Design Thinking to better understand problems and implement creative solutions. Get inspired by finding a business idea in something you love.
- Adopt an Entrepreneurial Mindset: Gain a deep understanding of yourself as an entrepreneur, your unique role, skill talents, purpose, and priorities. Learn about entrepreneurial mindset, resilience, mindfulness, and how to form positive habits that will sustain your entrepreneurial life journey.
- Assess Product Market Fit & Customer Value: Prioritize your customer! Identify who are your customers, how do they behave, make decisions, what motivates them? Apply Lean Startup approach to create and get the desired product to customers' hands faster.
- Measure Sustainability Impact: Sustainable entrepreneurship has great potential in helping to solve some of our major social, environmental and economic challenges we face. Learn how to aim at the highest sustainability impact, working towards innovations that are good for your business, good for your customer and good for the wider system, solving social and environmental challenges.
- Develop a Sustainable Business Plan: Identify the sustainable purpose and your customer, conduct market & industry analysis. Develop a marketing strategy and dig into entrepreneurial financing and funding. Learn how to boost your business with digital marketing and data analysis.
- Make it Wanted: Develop your elevator pitch and pitch deck. Learn to present and sell your idea in a sustainable manner that will get noticed amongst all the noise. Train how you communicate your clear, impactful value proposition to investors. Deliver pitches to founders and investors at an eLab pitching event.
Program Fee: $6,500
Get more for your money with CIEE’s eLab. There are no hidden charges or disappointing surprises when you arrive.
Your fee includes:
- Intensive 53 contact-hour seminars
- Specialization workshops
- Guest lectures from experienced business founders
- Company visits
- Personal on-site mentoring
- Networking events
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext Global Explorer Plan
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
We believe you need a passion for ideas and processes to be successful as founders and key market players. We look for this passion in our participants, as well as a broad range of backgrounds and experience. We also ask participants to meet these requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent – a business background is an advantage but not required.
- Strong English language speaking and writing skills. All instruction will be provided in English, so this is a must. Each candidate will be evaluated with a Skype interview. (Upgrade your business and professional English skills with us at eLab, with a 20-hour business and professional English course.)
- A passion for entrepreneurship and start-up culture, shown in your application statement and Skype interview.
- Interest in meeting people from around the world and working in an international setting.
These intensive programs include more than 53 seminar hours, weekly individual and additional group mentoring sessions with the option to schedule more, at least five company visits, six fireside chats and approximately 100 project hours. Expect to commit 100 percent of your time for the duration of the program and attend all sessions.
We want to help as many people as possible benefit from eLab.
Housing is not included, but we have carefully researched some options for you. These include one-bedroom and studio apartments, each no more than 20 minutes from eLab. We’re happy to guide you and answer questions.
Program Dates 2019
All programs are offered in Berlin and London
- eLab 3: April 1 - May 11;
- eLab 4: May 13 - June 21;
- eLab 5: June 24 - August 9;
- eLab 6: August 12 - September 20;
- eLab 7: Sep 23 - Nov 1;
- eLab 8: Nov 4 - Dec 13.
Program taught in: