Young Filmmakers’ Academy is aimed at 13 to 17-year olds and is the perfect way to introduce young people to practical filmmaking.
These exciting one- and two-week courses are held during school holidays (Easter programme & Summer programmes) and are designed to give young filmmakers hands-on experience of making film.
They experience a variety of filmmaking roles, from scriptwriting and visual storytelling, to directing actors and using professional editing software and everything in-between.
This is an intensive but fun-filled introduction to the realities of working in film and TV and provides students with the grounding they need to start working on their own films and making informed decisions about further training or even a future career.
OPTION 1: 2-Week course (10 days, Monday – Friday)
- Gain an understanding of each of the different roles involved in making films. Go from story, to script to screen.
- Varied, collaborative and fun workshops led by a team of experienced teachers and film professionals.
- Train in 6 key disciplines and achieve a range of film credits.
- Learn how to write and direct - how to generate stories and how to communicate with actors.
- Use an industry-standard camera to explore the fundamentals of cinematography: digital formats, camera sensor sizes, lens choices, lighting
- Learn to record sound on industry-standard equipment in a studio setting
- Leave with the skills to shoot and make your own films with the equipment at your disposal, from mobile phones to apps and computer software.
- Receive credits, and a HD link to the short films produced. Invite friends and family to celebratory film screenings.
OPTION 2: 1-Week course (5 days, Monday – Friday)
- Go from script to screen looking at all the stages involved in making film and TV
- Fun and varied workshops in small groups with experienced teachers and film professionals
- Learn how to write and direct - how to generate stories and how to communicate with actors
- Experience the different roles behind the camera gaining a film credit on a collaborative production
- Explore the fundamentals of cinematography and sound
- Discover how to edit using Final Cut professional software
- Shoot a film using an iPhone – gain the skills to continue filmmaking using your own kit
- End of the course screening for cast and crew, friends and family and a HD link of the films produced.
WHAT TYPE OF STUDENS ARE WE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for committed and dedicated students who a proven passion and flair for filmmaking. We want people seeking to make a professional career in the film or television industry. You must be articulate, creating and a team player, and thrive in a practical hands-on environment working collaboratively.
- All applicants must be fluent in English: English Language Level: Upper Intermediate
- Age range 13-17 years
FIND OUT MORE
Find out more about the Young Filmmakers’ Academy: www.londonfilmacademy.com/course/Young-Filmmakers
Program taught in: