You will understand the main elements to consider in the elaboration of budgets to use them as a tool in the planning and administrative control, as well as support for the decision making of operations, financing and investment that a company faces in the short and medium term.
Benefits of the program
• You will know the main tools for decision making and its consequent evaluation and control, with a focus on generating cash flow and increasing the value of the company.
• Identify the benefits of preparing a master budget.
• You will create a template in Excel to make a master budget, which you can adapt later to the requirements of your professional activity.
Graduates in administration and public accountants, as well as personnel working in the area of budgeting or strategic planning, administrative directions, auditing and auditing. You must have a basic handling of Excel.
Content of the program
Seminar of 2 modules totaling 40 hours of study in total.
Module 1. The Importance of the Cost Structure in the Financial Decisions (20 hours)
Understand the importance of the cost structure in financial results, applying various administrative accounting tools to make financial decisions.
- Introduction to basic administrative information concepts
- The behavior of costs
- Classification of costs
- Cost segmentation techniques
- Computational support in cost segmentation techniques
- The Cost-Volume-Utility model and financial decisions
- Safety margin
- Balance point for a line
- Break-even point in several lines
- Degree of Operating Leverage (GAO).
- Degree of Financial Leverage (GAF).
- Degree of Combined Leverage (GAC).
- The degree of leverage and the point of equilibrium
- Basic principles and criteria of short-term decisions
- Marginal analysis
- Limited resources
- Point of indifference between decisions
- Elimination of products
- Other short-term decisions
- Indicators for the measurement and control of the centers of responsibility
- Cost centers
- Expenditure centers
- Revenue centers
- Investment centers
- Centers of utilities
Module 2. The Master Budget and the Analysis of the Financial Statements (20 hours)
It includes the main elements to consider in the elaboration of budgets to use them as a tool in planning, in administrative control and in decision making, evaluating the results with basic financial indicators, by means of the elaboration of a model in Excel.
The master budget
- The operating budget (identifying the impact of fixed costs and variable costs)
- The capital budget
- The financial budget
- Computational support in the preparation of the master budget
- Analysis of budgeted financial statements
- Horizontal method
- Vertical method
- Financial reasons
- work capital Management