WELA is a practical project-based programme that examines the issues, challenges and opportunities women face in creating, managing and leading companies in Africa. The programme is specifically designed for women entrepreneurs and is focused on enabling them to identify business opportunities and maintain viable and sustainable enterprises. CEIBS creates a supportive and participatory learning environment for the exchange of best practices and experiences, strategy development and skill building, working within the context of women's economic development priorities.
WELA aims to empower participants to develop mindsets and strategies for effectively managing their firms as well as their leadership and entrepreneurial careers. The programme provides technical training focused on strengthening competencies in project design and management, financial management, entrepreneurial marketing and innovation, leadership, and business sustainability to impact the enterprises implemented by the participants. Participants undertake practical field work projects throughout the duration of the programme. An important aspect of the programme is the China Immersion Module in Shanghai, where students in addition to their classwork have the opportunity to receive mentoring and coaching from successful Chinese women entrepreneurs.
This is a practical programme optimized for busy women executives with 3-day modules taught every other month taking advantage of weekends.
- Entrepreneurship, Leadership and Gender in Africa
- ICT, Business Plan and Project Management for Entrepreneurs
- Innovation, Product Development and Service in Entrepreneurial Ventures
- Entrepreneurial Finance and Accounting
- Entrepreneurial Sales and Marketing Strategies
- China Immersion: China Entrepreneurship and Field Trip During the field trip in China participants will have the opportunity to study Chinese entrepreneurship, entrepreneurial coaching and leadership skills, and also have coaching and networking with successful Chinese women entrepreneurs.
- Post-Programme Entrepreneurial Coaching. Upon satisfactory completion of the WELA programme, participants will have to coach 1 selected local woman entrepreneurs for 6 months. With satisfactory completion of coaching, participants will receive CEIBS Women Entrepreneurship Mentorship Certificate (WEMC).
Applicants for the WELA programme must have demonstrated good business and leadership backgrounds, strong management skills, and the intellectual capacity to succeed in a rigorous programme. Candidates normally must have the following: a diploma or degree from a recognized institution, ability to speak and write English, at least 5 years work/business experience and pass the CEIBS interview. We will consider candidates without formal educational qualifications or entrepreneurial experience, provided that they have demonstrated strong business capabilities, demonstrated desire and ability to start a business, as well as meet the English language requirement.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 29, 2017