Web Publishing & Interactive Media
This one year, full time, practical programme engages you in a fixed curriculum around standards-compliant web design and publishing, video production and post production techniques, 2D animation, compositing and visual effects, game design theory and community supported open source content management systems. The programme emphasizes technical training, interactive screen design in context and conceptual thinking.
NOTE: This course is not suitable for absolute beginners. You will need either basic skills in Adobe Photoshop or relevant work experience to cope with the design pressures of the web and motion graphics modules.
What to Expect from your studies
The first year is packed with theoretical & practical training that includes:
- Conceptualisation Techniques
- Interactive Screen Design Theory
- 2D Animation, Sound Editing & Motion Theory
- HTML5 and Responsive Design
- Game Design Theory
- Electronic Book Publishing & ePubs
- Web Technologies 2: WordPress
- Motion Graphics 1: Animation, Compositing and VFX
- Motion Graphics 2: Video & Post Production
- Interactive Web based Portfolio & Showreel
You will lean how to use the following Software Applications:
- Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere Pro, Audition and Edge
- Sublime Text
You will require the 1 year Print Design & Publishing course or equivalent study/work experience in order to enrol on this programme.
Program taught in: