Web developers design, implement, and maintain web applications and websites. As a graduate of the Web Development associate degree, you're prepared for such careers as web developer, web technical support specialist, and web analyst. You play a key role in internet-based business systems and websites using concepts in design and programming.
A graduate of the program will have the potential for employment as a:
- Web Developer: designs, implements, and maintains internet and internet web applications/sites.
- Web Technical Support: develops and maintains internal system support processes and coordinates the integration of the web with other computer systems.
- Web Analyst: track and analyze key business metrics related to web activities.
- Some positions may require additional education and/or work experience.
Requirements for Program Entry
- Completed application.
- High school transcript or equivalent.
- Completed one year of high school algebra or equivalency.
- Computer familiarity and ability to use a keyboard and mouse.
- Minimum typing speed of 30 wpm.
- 10-105-101 Career Planning
- 10-111-101 Photoshop Fundamentals
- 10-150-144 IT:Network:Operating Sys Fund
- 10-152-185 Website Coding
- 10-154-125 IT:Web:Database Development
- 10-804-133 Math & Logic
- 10-890-101 College 101
- 10-135-115 Online Search Strategies
- 10-135-150 Web Graphic Design
- 10-152-184 IT:Web:Programming-SQL
- 10-801-136 English Composition 1
- 10-801-196 Oral/Interpersonal Comm
- 10-809-199 Psychology Of Human Relations
- 10-105-103 Career Preparation
- 10-135-151 Website Design
- 10-135-155 Web Content Management Sys
- 10-152-173 IT:Program:Part 1 (C#)
- 10-152-182 IT:Web:Scripting-PHP
- 10-809-103 Think Critically & Creatively
- 10-135-180 Web Campaign Management
- 10-135-185 Web Emerging Technologies
- 10-135-199 Web Dev Career Experience
- 10-152-183 IT:Web:Scripting-ASP.Net
- 10-809-172 Intro to Diversity Studies
- 10-809-195 Economics
- Develop, build, and configure dynamic and interactive websites or applications.
- Produce effective, web-optimized graphics.
- Ensure cross-platform and cross-browser website usability.
- Create functional and efficient website navigation.
- Create a database design and effective interface to support a web application and a variety of web campaigns.
- Understand the infrastructure required to support a robust website or application.
- Understand the importance of and techniques for search engine optimization.
- Install, configure and customize websites in a Content Management System.
- Explore analytical tools available to measure effectiveness of websites and web campaigns.
- Develop an approach to remain current with web development trends.
Study Abroad Opportunities
The International Studies staff continually seeks opportunities for students to travel abroad for educational experiences that may be offered in association with program courses. To find out more about which of your program courses may offer an opportunity during the year contact your academic advisor.
About the School
Founded in 1912, NWTC is a nationally-ranked, two-year public college where students prepare for high-tech careers and begin their bachelor’s degrees. Last year, NWTC served over 32,000 students; 7,80 ... Read More