Wanderlust Volunteer Program
Wanderlust Volunteer Program gives you an opportunity to make a difference where it is most needed while you have the opportunity to explore one of the modernist and most bustling cities in China--Shanghai. You will be staying in an orphanage center located in a children’s hospital where the seriously injured orphans are sent to receive better medical treatment. These children arrive from other orphanages in rural areas of China and with your love and care you can help them through their recovery.
This project gives you the opportunity to make a difference where it is most needed, whilst exploring one of the most successful and modern cities in China - Shanghai. As a volunteer, you will be staying in an orphanage center, located in a children’s hospital, where the injured and sick orphans are sent to receive better medical treatment. These children arrive from other orphanages in rural areas of China and with your love and care you can help them through their recovery.
- Location of the project: Pudong District, Shanghai, China
- Project length: 2-24 weeks
- Arrival airport: Shanghai Pudong/Shanghai Hongqiao Airport
- Volunteer work: Special care for children in the orphanage
- Program fee: 150$ and up
- Accommodation: shared accommodation/stay with a host family
- Food: 3 meals per day
- Airport-pickup and transfer
- Orientation: Introduction to China, Culture, and Customs, Rules and Expectations, Safety, Travel Opportunities, Introduction to Project and Placement, Sightseeing in Shanghai.
- Support: countrywide 24/7 support
- Monthly culture immersion activities: Wanderlust holds various cultural immersion activities on a monthly basis for volunteers to know about quintessential Chinese culture, such as Chinese calligraphy class, Chinese Painting class, Taiji class, Chinese cooking class, short trips to surrounding water towns etc.
What’s not included:
- Personal expenses
- Mandarin classes (We can help you register for language courses if you would like to learn Mandarin during your spare time. This will incur an additional cost.)
- Insurance: Travel health insurance
- 18-55 years old
- Conversational English
- Medical report
- Police check
- You will assist with daily operations, such as preparing food, serving meals, cleaning, and arranging games and activities for the children.
- Assist in teaching the center staff to improve their English. As a reputable orphanage in Shanghai, it receives loving overseas parents who would like to adopt Chinese children. If you could help the center staff improve their English skill, we could see a brighter future for the children as there will be a more thorough communication between the center staff and adopting parents.
See 2 more programs offered by Wanderlust Exchange China »
Last updated July 31, 2019
This course is
Program fee: 150$ and up