If you love everything about video production and photography and would like to work in that field, then this Level 3 course is the perfect way to prepare for university or creative work.
PLAN, SHOOT & EDIT VIDEO
Plan and script video concepts in collaboration with clients where required. Direct video shoots, working with actors/featured people to get the best results. Edit and produce the video using Adobe Premiere, adding graphics and effects in Adobe After Effects.
BUILD A PHOTOGRAPHIC PORTFOLIO
Develop a portfolio of eye-catching images using DSLR cameras and image manipulation/ organization using Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom. Apply these to web applications.
DEVELOP BUSINESS SKILLS
Learn about the video and photography sector and creative business practice.
START YOUR CREATIVE CAREER
Choosing this Level 3 Video Production & Photography course will give you the skills to go on to university or into creative work.
The creative sector is one of the fastest growing areas of the UK economy and a great and exciting place in which to work.
This Video Production & Photography course can lead onto:
- A creative degree at a university where you can gain further skills in preparation for work. This may be a video/photography or digital media/arts/design degree, or another subject which takes your fancy. You will need to complete both years of the course in order to generate the UCAS points for university entry. Access is developing a new range of creative degrees which will offer the perfect progression from 2019.
- Employment, or self-employment, in the creative industries. This may be as a video producer and/or photographer, or it may be into another area of creative industries.
- A creative apprenticeship as a stepping stone to work.
GET INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
Being at Access is so much more than just doing a course. You will have the chance to get the first-hand experience of the media and creative industries.
Here are some of the opportunities you can take advantage of:
- EVENTS: You’ll have unique opportunities to showcase your work via exhibitions.
- MASTERCLASSES: Access promotes industry masterclasses from media professionals. These enable you to gain advice and guidance from working practitioners.
- TWINE: All our students get free Twine membership, which is an online platform allowing creative people to collaborate on projects and earn money!
GET A QUALIFICATION
On successful completion you will get a recognized qualification which you can add to your creative CV:
- Two years BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Creative Digital Media Production. This can generate up to 168 UCAS points on the 2017 tariff. Please note these UCAS points are for a Distinction* and lower grades generate considerably fewer points.
- The Extended Diploma is equivalent to three A Levels.
DURATION & FEES
- The Level 3 Video Production & Photography course lasts for two years.
- It is usually delivered over three to four days per week from September to June (daytime). How long you are in college will depend on what additional English and Maths sessions you need to attend.
- If you aged 16-18 on 31st August 2018, and/or at the start of your Video Production & Photography course then the course is FREE
- If you aged 19+ on 31st August 2018, and/or at the start of your Video Production & Photography course then you will have to pay £4670 per year. However, you can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan to cover the cost of this course. You will only have to repay the loan when you start to earn over £25,000 per year.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS & SIGNING UP
Applying for this Video Production & Photography course is easy.
All you need to do is fill in our online application form and we will get back in touch with some suggested dates of when we can meet up to discuss it further.
- SKILLS SET: We value your creative passion and skills above all else. However, you will also need to demonstrate that you are able to work at Level 3 (A Level standard). For school leavers, we will require evidence of your predicted and actual grades, backed up by a school reference. Please note you will not be able to enroll if you will be under the age of 16 on 31st August. Applications from people under this age are still welcome but will be deferred to the following year.
- INTERVIEW: You will be invited to an interview. Please come prepared to talk about video and photography and show any work you may have produced. This may be online or as a portfolio of design work. Ideally, you should explain how and why you created this work and identify what new skills you would like to learn.
See 9 more programs offered by Access Creative College »
This course is
per year, if you aged 19+ on 31st August 2018. Free for 16-18 years old students.