How to Achieve Superior Performance and Strategic Success
"What gets measured gets done." It's a business axiom you've heard a thousand times. Unfortunately, the things most companies measure (short-term financial performance and local productivity) don't determine long-term success in a competitive marketplace.
In order to achieve and sustain strategic success via operational excellence, your performance management system must balance customer metrics, business process metrics, internal development metrics, and financial metrics. And, these metrics must be aligned to focus on corporate vision and strategy.
In 1992, Robert Kaplan of Harvard Business School and David Norton of Renaissance Solutions introduced the Balanced Scorecard (BSC), a complement to traditional financial measurement systems that helped companies manage performance and progress. This tool has evolved into a strategic management system that can help you achieve and sustain strategic success as the business environment changes.
In two days, Using the Balanced Scorecard will show you how to apply and adapt this system at your company. Specifically, you will learn how to:
- Adjust the four BSC perspectives to your environment
- Select lag and lead measures that make sense for your business
- Link operational and strategic objectives
- Integrate BSC with other measurement tools and techniques
- Exploit the Balanced Scorecard as a strategic management system
- Identify and implement sustainable strategic improvements
- Translate vision and strategy into your performance management system
- Effectively communicates strategic intent throughout your company
- Identify financial, business process, customer satisfaction and internal development metrics that support corporate strategy
- Mid- or upper-level manager of administration, operations or manufacturing
- Process owner and manager
- Leader of a lean management initiative
- Member of an operations improvement team
- Quality Manager
- Professional who is actively involved in your organization’s efforts to improve quality or reduce costs and cycle time
Last updated October 23, 2017