As an approved institution to teach the University of London International Foundation programme, MPW London and Cambridge provide an ideal route to equip international students with the skills and knowledge required for the rigours of undergraduate study.
This one-year programme is structured with a strong emphasis on the development of academic skills and also encourages active learning by engaging with relevant and contemporary issues.
Classroom teaching is supported by comprehensive study materials and resources developed by the University of London including access to the virtual learning environment.
This course consists of four modules: one compulsory and three optional.
- One compulsory course:
- Mathematics and statistics
- Plus three courses chosen from:
- International relations
- Pure mathematics
Upon successful completion, students are awarded a University of London foundation certificate.
IFP Course Details
MPW is one of only three institutions in the UK approved to teach the University of London International Foundation Programme. Students who enrol onto this programme will benefit from MPW's renowned teaching methods and academic support drawing on our 40 years of teaching experience at A-level. In this programme, students will have:
- Teaching of 30 hours per week,
- First class academic instruction,
- The academic and personal support from a personal tutor,
- Broad and highly flexible extra-curricular opportunities,
- Excellent facilities and prestigious location,
- Tailored exam preparations, and
- Regular testing and feedback
IFP Entry Requirements
To be eligible for the International Foundation Programme you must:
- be aged 16 or above on the programme’s start date.
- meet our academic and English entry requirements as outlined below.
In order to secure an interview you must provide evidence showing that as a minimum you have:
- passed at least four separate subjects at UK GCSE/GCE O level (at grade C or above) or
- have the international equivalent of four GCSEs at grade C or above
For international equivalents:
Students will have usually completed 12 years of schooling and achieved good grades supported by a strong report. The admissions team at MPW can advise on a case by case basis.
The academic requirements stated are minimum requirements needed to secure an interview.
English entry requirements
If you are a UK student, you must have a UK GCSE/ GCE O level in English at grade C or above.
For international students, you must provide evidence showing that you have:
- 6.0 IELTS or equivalent (with 6.0 in writing and no less than 5.5 in any single band) or
- an acceptable equivalent of a UK GCSE/ GCE O level in English at grade C or above or
- fluency in academic English gained through five years secondary schooling taught solely in English