Successful completion of VGC’s University Preparation Program prepares you for your academic career at a university in Canada. It will allow you to gain the necessary language requirements for acceptance and direct entry into our partner colleges or universities.
This program is delivered at intermediate and advanced levels. In University Preparation Intermediate you will be introduced to academic English and skills while still learning grammar and other general English skills that are needed at this level. In University Preparation Advanced, you will focus less on general English skills and more on English for Academic Purposes (EAP) ensuring you are university ready.
Hundreds of VGC students have enjoyed our seamless entry to a post-secondary program. A student who successfully completes our University Preparation course can use our Pathway Program designed for direct entry into our selected group of post-secondary partners (this means there is no need to write an IELTS or TOEFL test). Whether it be a diploma, bachelor’s or master’s degree, VGC University Preparation students can use their University Preparation scores as proof of English language level.
By the end of your studies in this course you will:
- Have learned how to listen to lectures and take effective notes.
- Have read critically with a healthy level of skepticism.
- Have written effective essays, arguing a case, supported by reading and empirical evidence.
- Have delivered university-level oral presentations.
- Have developed exam strategies to better your results.
The VGC Difference
- Receive personal speaking and writing a feedback from a teacher who specializes in English for Academic Purposes (EAP).
- Every two weeks your teacher will have a one-on-one meeting with you to discuss your progress.
- Our university pathway administrator will help you choose and apply to your future school.
- We personalize your university preparation and ensure that your study plans will be successful so you can go to the university of your choice in Canada.
- Field trips to our partner schools in Vancouver and guest lectures from our pathway partner schools.
Buro Millennial / Pexels
Program Duration and Structure
UP intermediate and advanced levels consist of 16 weeks of curriculum each.
Five hours per week. To get the most from this course and to ensure you pass your level, additional reviewing, and self‐ study is recommended. For every block of classes, you should spend 30‐45 minutes reviewing the materials.
Students are expected to attend at least 80% of their classes.
Placed by internal placement test.
About the School
Thank you for your interest in VGC International College. We know that the decision to choose a school is an important one and we are honored that you are considering us.